• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3DMark06Available 18/01/06

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
do you buy it? to fully register it?

ive always had the demo... just wondering if its worth getting the full features
With the full version you can select what tests to run and I think there is a playable part in the registered version.

And I think in a past version it was possible to do a batch run with different resolutions and/or settings.

Associate
lemonkettaz said:
do you buy it? to fully register it?

ive always had the demo... just wondering if its worth getting the full features
if you pay you get more control over what runs , well you do in 05
eg you can turn off the cpu tests and still get a bench no.

Soldato
$39 or something like that.

just rumour has it "registration" keys that arent acquired legally dont offer the full features, i.e. unable to use the online features that the software has to offer.

Associate
I bought 05, it was pretty cheap ($20) and I found the ability to use multiple project slots beneficial, its nice to keep a legacy of all your old machines scores. In addition, its a pretty good stress tester with the loop ability.

Soldato
ken1307 said:
~4K for single 7800GTX :| and only 1 new test, the other 3 are re-do...bah...I wanna see something new,damit !!! :mad:

More detail in the original tests though! And standard res is 1280x1024 it says. I think.

Soldato
Someone mentioned that the highest scoring card was whoever paid FM devs the most ... looks like Nvidia got the bungs in then ;)

Associate
From that review, it looks like this is what 3Dmark05 should have and would have been if ATI had got their SM3 hardware out in time. The difference in canyon flight using SM3 looks incredible.

I wonder if ATI's lack of VS3 vertex texturing and FP blending is what is lowering their SM3 score, because I would have expected the X1800xt to be ahead of the 256mb GTX at least. Guess futuremark decided to avoid heavy use of PS3 dynamic branching, so Nvidia dodged that bullet this time.

Looks like this might actually be much better than 05 for measuring real world gaming performance at least. Would be nice, as no 3d mark has managed that since 01. :)

Back
Top Bottom