4 to 6 Bay ITX Nas cases

Associate
Could you upload the piccies? :D

Also how exactly are hard drives mounted? Is their space on the holes for rubber grommets?

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for those piccies. Do you have any of the HDD "cases" themselves? I am wondering if I can silence any vibrations etc.

Associate
Can any of you compare the CFI A7879 with the Chenbro ES34169 (or even with Tranquil's BBS2)?

I'm looking into buying one of these and am worried about the fan noises (70mm - no silent alternatives to be found!) on the Chenbro, which would otherwise have been my first choice (based on looks and build quality).
TranquilPC's offer just looks very slick and offers even one slot more than the other two, but is fixed on Atom architecture (at least that's what you get initially) and I would like to try a low-powered Core i3 or Core2Duo instead of the Atom.
This leaves the Chyang Fun as the logical choice: big and possibly silent 120mm fan (can be exchanged easily), good looks, compact. Am a little worried about the PSU, but it being FlexATX, I could theoretically replace it with a fanless Fortron PSU.

Any comments? :)

Associate
Somehow I cannot find that much information about Bluejour's cases - do you have any more info about them (fans, space, noise levels, etc.)? TIA!

Associate
Somehow I cannot find that much information about Bluejour's cases - do you have any more info about them (fans, space, noise levels, etc.)? TIA!

It's a small cube. Mini-ITX board fills the base with four 3.5" drive bays above.
The drives are two side-by-side pairs stacked one on top of the other. There's no internal fan and the PSU is a 150W external brick.

At the moment mine is running with an Atom 330 dual core with the small stock fan providing all the cooling. I've just got two 2TB drives in there at the moment and it sits behind a speaker in the living room. The temps are all ok and the only time we notice it is at night when the power led lights up that corner.

Once WHS Vail is launched, I'll see if the Atom is up to it and if not I've going to swap to a S775 Celeron that used to be in my HTPC on a Zotac board. That will still fit with a slimline cooler but might be a little noiser.

Does look like the place I got mine from doesn't stock it anymore :(

Back
Top Bottom