40" HDR TV for under £500?!

Caporegime
It would be an impulse buy
Just saw richersounds had offers on the 4k HDR TVs and thought "hey they are cheap for HDR 4K"

Hence me creating this thread but I genuinely thought someone would say "yes this particular model will do you fine for your budget"

But oh well, money saved ill get me the switch pro controller and preorder mario kart instead :p

honestly 4k tv's are pointless buying atm. the content is minimal at best.

also for gaming ps4 pro is upscaling the majority of the games its not real 4k.

come back in 5 years they might be worth buying then

Soldato
Thing is what's the point of waiting?

If you wait 5 years, by that time there will be something better anyway, if you want something just get it, as soon as you buy now days its been bettered by something else anyway but you have to pay a huge premium to buy it.

I just got myself a KS7000 49", was debating on waiting, but thought why.

Soldato

If you wait 5 years, by that time there will be something better anyway, if you want something just get it, as soon as you buy now days its been bettered by something else anyway but you have to pay a huge premium to buy it.

I'm waiting for a 34" 144hz 1440p gaming monitor. I won't be able to use 144hz for most games, but it would be good to have a large freesync range

Associate

Thing is why buy now if your happy with your current TV. There is no rush to go out and buy now. If you need a TV then fair enough. If my TV broke tommorow then id go out and buy an OLED but im hoping mine will last another 2 half 3 years at least when all the new tech has moved on

Caporegime

because there is no content.

it would be like me buying an electric car with no charging point at work. how do i get home? once work installs a charging point then i could buy an electric car.

wait for 4k content to become abundant then buy a 4k tv.

i own a 4ktv but i only bought it because i needed a tv and all new ones that are decent are 4k. if i didn't need a new tv i would still have all 1080p tv's. simple as that really.

if you really need a new tv then buy, if not then no reason to upgrade to 4k atm. unless of course you buy a lot of 4k blu rays

Soldato
I get that content is low currently, saying that, I use a rental company for blurays, and have noticed that a lot of the newer movies all have options for 4k discs now.

I mainly use my TV for gaming and movies so for me I feel its the right time to buy.

Caporegime
Those graphs are BS.

It doesn't take into account many various factors like some peoples eyesight is 10 times better than others.

Maybe I'm hallucinating but I can see the difference on my 4K tv and it's classified as a tiny screen at only 43".

I've been watching 1080i, 1080p and 4k content on it and yes the 4K is clearly superior. I can see individual blades of grass, etc crystal clear. HDR content also i can notice a stunning difference too. Nice scenes from that series on amazon prime set in Cayman islands or something with the guy going around with a cat head killing people. can't remember the name of it but the HDR in it was very good.

also 4K on mobiles isn't stupid because guess what. you hold a mobile about 24 inches away from your face. you don't watch tv from 24 inches away. so yes i'm willing to bet i could tell the difference on say a 6" 4K mobile screen.

Associate
I'm using a 43" 4K TV and the PPI is perfect for me.
When used as a monitor with 100% scaling, the text and icons are of a similar size as my old 30" dell monitor but with a huge increase in desktop space :)

Back
Top Bottom