40th birthday ideas

Thought I'd update this thread.

Ended up taking her and the family out for afternoon tea, both decided we hate having both families together at the same time.

Got her a Winnie the pooh necklace that she loves, and a thermos mug she wanted. Also gave her £100 cash for a tattoo she wants to get on her wrist (a tasteful one with the kids name on) .

Then I whisked her away for a weekend to a lovely little cottage with a hot tub, with a lunch out and a massage at a nearby spa.

She seemed quite happy....

Thought I'd update this thread.

Ended up taking her and the family out for afternoon tea, both decided we hate having both families together at the same time.

Got her a Winnie the pooh necklace that she loves, and a thermos mug she wanted. Also gave her £100 cash for a tattoo she wants to get on her wrist (a tasteful one with the kids name on) .

Then I whisked her away for a weekend to a lovely little cottage with a hot tub, with a lunch out and a massage at a nearby spa.

She seemed quite happy....

“Seemed”…?

Get your son to make her breakfast in bed, even if you need to do it and he supplies the tray.

After that make a point of spending the day with her, it doesn't necessarily matter what as long as it's something she likes, just focus on you and her hanging out. You know her far better than we do, despite claiming she has no hobbies she clearly has interests. Go to the spa with her, take the hit and make her laugh by getting waxed or whatever the hell they do to people in those places. Look at local theatres, there's bound to be a few that you don't know about on your doorstep.

I'm about to hit 40 myself on the 20th of this month and don't want to do anything either, but when I say that I mean I don't want a fuss made. I want to actually enjoy the day rather than be forced into some draining family event, the only thing I want is a nice quiet day doing things I enjoy with the people I love.

I can't speak for your wife, whether she's some sort of super social party animal or not, but from my own perspective if someone threw me a massive party I'd hate it and feel as though the day became about an event/everyone else and it'd be exhausting. But for the love of god, whatever you do, don't look at it from a "value" perspective.
So much this.
I hit this next year. (wtf)

I also absolutely do not want a fuss made.
A party (if you don't like parties) is the worst thing.

For 40th do feel you have to be careful not to get what you think someone wants. And get them what they want. Of course if you've been with someone years and don't know... That's a thing that makes me go Hmmmm

Take her on a holiday. A proper holiday, not Butlins or some rubbish. Loads of good deals to Europe at the mo, you can do Rome for £9 one-way atm.

Or Turkey all inclusive, it's not exactly a cultural holiday but if you want to just chill and be pampered for a few days and not worry about money, you can't go wrong.

This is what I'd do. Unfortunately seems like the person is irrational (doesn't want them both to be on a plane in case it crashes!) from another post.

Not sure what if do in Ops situation.
Maybe a divorce.
Does sound quite sad that she doesn't like anything.

Last edited:
Arcade club or indoor go karting.
Brazilian butt lift?

BBL if you want to potentially get rid of her permanently. Go for the cheapest package you can find. Lol.

Can't even believe that is even a thing tbh. Only heard of it on BBC because someone died getting done.

BBL if you want to potentially get rid of her permanently. Go for the cheapest package you can find. Lol.

Can't even believe that is even a thing tbh. Only heard of it on BBC because someone died getting done.
Me too. Imagine when her kids get asked what their mum died of. Cancer? Car crash? No! Brazilian Butt lift. :(

Back
Top Bottom