4300k v 6000k HID bulbs

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I'd just prefer them standard to be honest :)

I like the sidelights too on that by the way, Nick showed me some really nice Depo sides which he was thinking of getting for his M3, they really are better than the standard frosted ones which date the car back to like 1998 :p

Don
OP
I have smoked depos on mine, are these the hated options?

csl4.jpg

in this picture I have a hard time seeing the join between the depos and the headlights ;)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Love those, thats what i meant. Nick needs to be burnt with fire for not fitting them as they are so cheap and look so much better than the frosted ones.

Love your wheels too, infact other than that number plate bumper thing i <3 :) Cant you pull that number plate mounting off and stick the plate to the bumper? I did that on the SL as it looked like that and it looks a lot better.

Don
OP
Love those, thats what i meant. Nick needs to be burnt with fire for not fitting them as they are so cheap and look so much better than the frosted ones.

Love your wheels too, infact other than that number plate bumper thing i <3 :) Cant you pull that number plate mounting off and stick the plate to the bumper? I did that on the SL as it looked like that and it looks a lot better.

dunno not thought about it :D

as it's free I shall give it serious consideration

Don
OP
especially when I have to pay for a season ski pass and train tickets, just about managed the train tickets this month god alone knows how many men I will have to sleep with to get the money for the lift pass!! :D

Soldato
4300k.

Period. White enough and the most lumen output compared to 6000K.

The only time I would ever consider 6000K is for a good colour match with LEDs but it's not worth it overall.

Associate
I've found from being in a car with 4300k and 6000k that in dry conditions the difference in light output isn't massive...

But if the road is wet the 4300k wins hands down every time..

Man of Honour
I've found from being in a car with 4300k and 6000k that in dry conditions the difference in light output isn't massive...

But if the road is wet the 4300k wins hands down every time..

So your headlights output different levels of light depending on the weather?

What?

Associate
No not at all. I don't know the science behind it but a wet road is much easier to see with 4300k light than the whiter 6000k... Maybe the water absorbs the whiter color more than yellow? Maybe they reflect differently off the waters surface? Maybe the human eye, or mine, just finds the yellow tinge easier to see...

I've also noticed the old style street lights over here that give off a very yellow light seem to shine up a wet road better than the newer white street lights..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
From that pic the left (car's right or offside) light looks brighter and like its producing more light. The one on the right (car's left) looks more blue and less light output.

Chav xxx

Back
Top Bottom