• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4890 crossfire

Associate
i got upto 105 degrees when playing, is it actually normal? i am in a hot country and it is fairly hot now even if its night time. all fans are on 100%

thx.

Last edited:
Soldato
105c=not good if you want your hardware to last more than two weeks. ;)

Suggest you direct some external fans on the cards, with the side panel off..;)

Last edited:

D13

D13

Associate
ok so what is your room temperature, just how hot is it there?

If you are very worried you could literally downclock the cards, this will cool them down. That is assuming the cards are not faulty. So do the cards report the exact same temperature? how are you measuring temps?

Associate
OP
i need a program to measure the temps, ATI catalyst is just giving me 1 temp which is 91 right now after like 3 4 mins of playing, originally around 80. dont have a thermometer here but i can say that im wearing shorts and a t shirt the fan is on full and my window is open and i dont feel cold, or hot :D

Associate
OP
thank you very much :) well ocuk doesnt ship to where i live so it might be a long time before i can actually get the aftermarket coolers and the panel on my case also has a fan on it pushing air out of the case, ive tried to turn it around to make it push air into the case, still no difference.

with this tool i am getting 84 on the 1st GPU and 63 on the 2nd one at idle.

Associate
OP
i know that, im just asking is it normal to have about 20 degrees difference between the first and the second card.

Back
Top Bottom