• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4890 Vapor-X or 5870, will work on P43?

Soldato
Looking at the techpower up review, the 5850 is a fair bit faster at that res, anywhere from 30 to 80+fps, theres only a couple of cases where its lower than that (so only a few ahead of the 4890), but that could be because its only on beta drivers, so once the proper drivers start rolling out its going to get better. :)

Yeah but the point is he isn't going to notice an increase in FPS unless he is playing something very high end (or badly coded as some people say) like Crysis. Everything else would play at high FPS using his resolution with the 4890.

when it ships post in here, im getting a littler nervous again as my order is still queueing in the factore :(

Cancel and order elsewhere! Maybe phone up and see what is going on first.

Associate
i made the decision that if they dont ship it today then i am cancelling the card and ordering elsewhere, 1 time delay is fine, 2 times is hard to take but 3 times and im done

Associate
OP
Yeah but the point is he isn't going to notice an increase in FPS unless he is playing something very high end (or badly coded as some people say) like Crysis. Everything else would play at high FPS using his resolution with the 4890.

Other than Cod WAW and up coming Cod MW2 i don't play graphics hungry games as i either use racing games or play tiger woods which is why i went for the 4890. Also i can always give it to my dad when i upgrade in a year or so once the 5870's have come down in price :D

I think i'd be going elsewhere if it got delayed a third time. I know things can get nicked in the post, a mate of mine lives in scotland and when he got a new system off overclockers a few bits went missing so its definatly not un common.

Associate
update, the shipment was delayed

I changed the card to a Zalman Cooled verison instead and its being shipped for tomorrow

Associate
honestly i wouldnt know half the info i do unless i called, emailing runs the risk of late replys, if you call them they are very curtious and concise. I would call them if i were you if you havent received the card at the time you were expected to.

Associate
OP
will have to if doesn't come by wednesday. Shame about the odd blip as always found OC to be pretty good. Can't always rely on the suppliers or couriers though :mad:

Associate
ive ordered 4 times from oc before and never had an issue, i blame circumstance not them, but 3 delays for 3 different reasons just makes me think the cards arent right for me, knowing my luck now ive changed cards they will stock 9am tomorrow and youll get yours 6pm tuesday :D

Associate
Ok mine is ordered woot! cant wait for the weekend.

Got a 5870 in the end (along with my rig) and a massive case so I can hopefully grab another one around xmas time and have room to run crossfire :D

Back
Top Bottom