• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4960X gets tested

Soldato
Current x79 boards will need a bios update, just as z68 did, any new boards are reported to have more sata 6g and usb 3.0 sockets that's all.

I'd now take the 4820k over 4770k purely to avoid the hassle of delid to get reasonable perf. 4930k for me though I think, should see me through to haswell-e and ddr4!!

Soldato
I'd now take the 4820k over 4770k purely to avoid the hassle of delid to get reasonable perf. 4930k for me though I think, should see me through to haswell-e and ddr4!!

Sounds like a good plan, I'm dropping down to mainstream 4770K from X79 3960X. Save a bit of money, good performance / low power, may be tempted to go back to high end when Intel release some 8 core Haswell goodness. Or maybe 8 core Skylake.. Should have more money floating around then as well.. This year is costing me a fortune !!

Soldato
Sounds like a good plan, I'm dropping down to mainstream 4770K from X79 3960X. Save a bit of money, good performance / low power, may be tempted to go back to high end when Intel release some 8 core Haswell goodness. Or maybe 8 core Skylake.. Should have more money floating around then as well.. This year is costing me a fortune !!

You should also downgrade your GTX780s. I heard HD7770s play everything @1440p MAXED OUT!!!!
Value for money is epic as well!!!

Soldato
No, there will be none until the nda is lifted. :(

:(
Upwards of 18k-19k @5Ghz for 3D11 and i'll be swapping out my 3930k for one, as i only just get 17k @5.1Ghz with mine. Shame with the review sites, they tend to use crappy ram so never really shows the true potential of the chip, hopefully 8-Pack with give real info once the NDA is lifted (When?? :D)

Soldato
Yep :p

Wasn't that long ago some were saying it had been entirely cancelled too :D

Now we know why.

If it provides 5.5GHZ-6GHZ stable on warm water then fair enough but out of the box performance is a fail, I had high hopes but they have been dash-ed :(

Back
Top Bottom