4k is nothing compared to Ultrawide

Associate
I can (and often do) play 34" SW on my 40" 4K when a game is too rough on the GPU. It's nothing special. I'll probably go back to a high refresh 27" 1440p when funds allow, but high refresh 4K when it arrives is going to be better than UW in my opinion.

I used to do that as well for very demanding games like Witcher 3. It's actually equivalent to a 37" ultrawide.

I'm not impressed by the ultrawide format and curved ultrawide is even less appealing. So last week when I decided to try high refresh/G-Sync, I went for the Asus 27" PG279Q.

I used the Philips 40" 4K for over 15 months. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 40" for 4K. UI scaling defeats the purpose of 4K. The dot pitch on a 40" 4K is about the same as a 27" 1440P which is perfect.

I will sell the Philips now. High refresh/G-Sync/decent res/IPS is great.

Soldato
Loving all the e police in this thread. 4k in my opinion only comes to life if you got a 40 inch monitor so you can see all the textures and detail and appreciate it. anything smaller and you want a superwide.

You must have a good reason for why amazon should pay for his temporary use of a monitor. Can we hear it?

Associate
You must have a good reason for why amazon should pay for his temporary use of a monitor. Can we hear it?

Because they allow it under there terms and conditions and they won't really lose anything because they will just put it back into the brand new section. its no different to buying something and deciding its not for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Their

They won't sell it new, they will sell it under the warehouse deals. I've had a number of items from amazon warehouse deals that are clearly lightly used returns.

Soldato
OP

I suppose you could say that they have. It still doesn't make the entitlement complex aspect okay though!

I have not tried to justify it or argue that it is ok...

I needed a monitor while mine is getting repaired, this allows me a monitor. It's that simple :)

Although to be fair, it's no different than buying clothes online, trying them on, not being 100% happy so returning them. :D

Soldato
I have not tried to justify it or argue that it is ok...

I needed a monitor while mine is getting repaired, this allows me a monitor. It's that simple :)

Although to be fair, it's no different than buying clothes online, trying them on, not being 100% happy so returning them. :D
I know it's simple, I never said it was complicated.

It's also not the same as buying clothes and not being happy, as you've already said that you bought it with the intent to return.

Associate
I know it's simple, I never said it was complicated.

It's also not the same as buying clothes and not being happy, as you've already said that you bought it with the intent to return.

When people buy clothes online, they often buy different sizes in order to find the ones that fit them. With the intention to return the ones that don't fit, this is an accepted practice and online clothes retailers often sell you a return stamp as well. I think this is what he meant.

Soldato
OP
When people buy clothes online, they often buy different sizes in order to find the ones that fit them. With the intention to return the ones that don't fit, this is an accepted practice and online clothes retailers often sell you a return stamp as well. I think this is what he meant.

This... The only difference is I didn't also buy one I intend to keep and I don't wear my monitor :)

You're doing it wrong. Minimum 40" for 4k obviously :p

Yea, I've learnt that now. Maybe next time, or if my monitor takes longer than 14 days to be repaired :D

Soldato
I can't believe people are defending a multi billion dollar tax dodging company cause it's morally wrong or they might lose a few quid. If within their terms and conditions, so who gives a crap? If they can't handle this sort thing happen it wouldn't be there.

Associate
Anyone who thinks this has no idea just how much money amazon generate for the country they operate in.

Anyone buying a widget from Rainforest would have previously bought it from a legit UK business. Employing at least the same overall number of staff.

Therefore at absolute best case scenario for Forest vs UK govt is that they generate the same VAT and wage based taxes as before they muscled their way in.

Associate
I Love my 4k 40 inch monitor ... but its not good for fps games (lag). And the colors are not as good as IPS.

I really want a 4k ~ 40 inch monitor but wouldnt mind actually 37ish~ with some decent refresh rate and better colors. Waiting for this. Heard there is a 38ish widescreen coming out but not sure the refresh rate made for movies.

Back
Top Bottom