4K max budget new build

Associate
OP
hi,

It will be a bit of everything really a good all rounder / gaming really packing a punch, looking to be solid for a few years

hes open to the idea of watercooling but not sure the pros / cons to it all and if itll benefit the system enough long term

Soldato
hi,

It will be a bit of everything really a good all rounder / gaming really packing a punch, looking to be solid for a few years

hes open to the idea of watercooling but not sure the pros / cons to it all and if itll benefit the system enough long term

To be honest, could probably b spend lower then that and have a killer system !

Thing with both AMD and Intel for CPUs.. is currently the next Gen Range of CPU to be released end of year and start of 2021 is quite a bit better then current Ryzen 4000/Zen2 and Intel 10***/10th Gen . But both boards can take last round of new CPUs as well ... So personally wouldn't splash out on Ryzen 16 cores or intel 10 cores currently .

Also Next Gen GPUs will be coming before Next Gen consoles . But flagships least from Nvidia will take slightly longer ..

What's the max sized monitor they would be fine with ? If a lot is going to be spent then a monitor to outlast it would be recommended .

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info.

I did say to him £4k is overboard but he wasnt to fussed as long as hes gettin something decent.

27inch could be a sweet spot for the monitor i advised 1440p 120hz etc

If you could suggest a reasonably practical build at 2k 3k or whatever you think is most optimum and then the remainder for a montior etc is no problem we open for all guidance!

Associate
OP
Associate
Go for a different case as razer’ s rgb won’t play well with corsair’s rgb

you want a different 2080 super as that is expensive for what it is

and wait a week to see what b550 and the new xt suffix chips offer

Associate
OP
we literally have nothing planned yet, that list above was just took from another thread to see if still applicable,

would really appreciate some build ideas please looking to get ordered asap he doesnt want to wait for releases etc

thanks guys

Associate
Finding parts in stock in challenge at the moment. The mobo is on pre-order at the moment as not long released.

Something like this would be a good base, case is more personal preference.

For storage I'd suggest a Sabrent Rocket OCUK don't stock.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,080.01 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Associate
An Overclockers built water cooled machine

• 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Watercooled AMD X570 Ryzen Pro Gaming Configurator = £3,451.73
    • Case:Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower - Black Window
    • Core Watercooling Kit:EK Combo Kit Pro - 2x 360mm Radiators with Fans, Quantum Kinetic RGB Pump Reservoir
    • CPU:AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Twelve Core 4.6GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - MPK
    • Motherboard:Asrock X570 Taichi (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
    • Memory:Team Group Night Hawk RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - RGB Black (TF1D
    • Graphics Card:Watercooled Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB Graphics with Corsair Hydro X XG7 RGB
    • CPU Block:EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity Digital Addressable RGB AMD CPU Water Block - Nickel + Plexi
    • Fittings & Tubing Kit:EK HTC Classic Hard Tubing & Fittings Kit - Nickel
    • Watercooling Fluid Colour:Mayhems X1 Clear 2L Watercooling Bundle
    • Solid State Drive (M.2) 1 - Operating System:WD Black 1TB SN750 M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen3 Solid State Drive (WDS100T3X0C)
    • Solid State Drive (M.2) 2:Unwanted
    • 2.5" SATA Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • 2.5" SATA Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • 3.5" Mechanical Storage Drive:Unwanted
    • Power Supply:Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 850W 80 PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
    • Network Adapter:Unwanted
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Monitors:Unwanted
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Gaming Desk:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
Total: £3,465.83 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Soldato
Niceee now we are talking thanks a lot guys gives me a lot to work with i can look into it abit more now and tweak it to his needs etc

Right now is a bad time to be building a high-spec machine because AMD and Nvidia are expected to be releasing new GPUs in August / September and AMD are strongly rumoured to be refreshing their 3000 series CPUs with XT models in a week or two.

Also, do check with your friend as to whether his needs warrant a HEDT solution - Threadripper or Xeon.

Soldato
thanks guys i managed to get him to hold off for now, the b550 does look a nice option!

Wouldn't splash out on 12 cores as doesn't make much difference with gaming. Plus Zen3 Q4 will be worth saving £200 odd in not going 3900X but on 4700X/4900X

Total: £2,483.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Monitor wise.. need G-sync. Worth pushing 4k 144hz if they can as the monitor will outlast the Rig in theory ! Least 32" with 4k monitors

It's not the b550 master which is a power house but just as good as x570 boards whilst offering damn good features and design

Not sure if it's only incoming APU that can run 5000hz or if current Ryzen can run that in these b550 boards. But b550 can handle insane ram speeds

Associate
OP
thank you orbital great advice as always will show him this setup and have a chat over it,

will be making a new thread soon for roughly 1500 budget for another friend, think im a bad influence and egging my mates on to get updated!

Back
Top Bottom