4K OLED or 4k Mini/Micro LED 32" to 42"

Associate
Hi guys,

What new monitors are anticipated to come out soon or recently launched? or maybe even coming out later this year.....

I basically need a new monitor for my new pc. I was going to buy the Asus PG42UQ, but to be honest I can justify the size on my desk, i don't really have the space and maybe it will be a little too big on a desk and the anti glare panel is putting me off abit too. Furthermore I prefer a glossy panel. Ideally I would love a 32 or 34" 4K OLED monitor with a glosy panel and very thin bezzels, easy access toggle/joystick or remote for changing the settings. I did look at thr LG C2 but thats a TV, I want an actual monitor. I quite like the new 42" LG Flex but thats abit too expensive and again, i think its more or a TV than a proper pc monitor. Any suggestions welcome.....??

Will be used for general productivity and watching content

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi

Not 4K but what about the new 34" QD OLED ultrawide monitors from Alienware and Samsung ? i know the Samsung one comes with a remote also.

Soldato
There are no (100+ Hz) monitor sized 4K OLEDs in sight with issues in shrinking pixel size/durability of fragile organics.

Micro LEDs are even farther away with extremely hard, complicated and expensive manufacturing process.
4K panels needs separate manufacturing of 25M tiny LEDs on standard semiconductor processes and then moving every single on of those to monitor back plane/what ever.
Don't wait them for at least five years.

Even common in TVs mini LED FALD backlight is rare in monitors.
Though Acer X32 FP announced in last year's CES is finally out.

Reactions: R3X
Soldato
Are you tempted?
Would be hard time to get replacement for 9 years 1 month used Dell U3014.

Have just been looking for proper reviews of Acer that very badly chosen overdrive modes have been fixed.
With only three overdrive modes there's no room for screw ups in them when there isn't even any user adjustable mode like in CoolerMaster Tempest GP27U.
Though X32 FP apparently has IPS-glow minimizing A-TW polarizer, like predecessor panel in Asus PG32UQX.

Associate
OP
Hi

Not 4K but what about the new 34" QD OLED ultrawide monitors from Alienware and Samsung ? i know the Samsung one comes with a remote also.
I deffo want 4k monitor.....cant find anything I like...ie, small bezels, 4k res, glossy panel, good for watching online content...... and everyday tasks

Associate
the lg's are good, i have the 48" cx model with 120hz, cant fault it other than its a little on the big size for taking to lan parties ( only just fits in the boot of my car ), but they do do a 42" version.

Soldato
I deffo want 4k monitor.....cant find anything I like...ie, small bezels, 4k res, glossy panel, good for watching online content...... and everyday tasks
Acer X32 FP sure looks to have A-TW polarizer.
It lacks normal IPS-glow
Showing as bright corners:

And coating is some semi-glossy.

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest you prob wont get a decent glossy panel as a monitor ... been looking for years. No idea why they dont do one. Especially with the oleds - I mean inky blacks and great colors and then put a screen coating on it to what ... Im not sitting this monitor outside. Anyways got a 42c2 here and like the screen a lot. But its a tv and has tv nuances. The monitor in my sig is pretty decent semi glossy and I liked it a lot too but this is better now I can see the semi glossy screen effect when I go back to it.

Associate
OP
UPDATE, just finished my first ever pc build, still not turned it on, when I went to connect my monitor I realised it only has a vga connection and no hdmi or dp.

So looking to buy a monitor asap for productivity/media consumption/watching online content, needs to be 4k..........and futureproof......

Right now looking at buying: -

LG OLED FLEX (TV) EXPENSIVEEEEEEEEE​

LG 42" C2 (TV)​

ASUS PG42UQ (Gaming Monitor)​

Will the LG C3 be better than the C2 for using as a productivity monitor, (Word,Excel,Emailing, Watching online content in 4k).............???

Any suggestions what i should buy?

The idea would be 4k+ Glossy panel 32-42"....with multiple connections....Joystick/Remote for Adjusting Settings .... What is HDR10 HDR10+ HDR1000? Do I need it?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
UPDATE, just finished my first ever pc build, still not turned it on, when I went to connect my monitor I realised it only has a vga connection and no hdmi or dp.
So looking to buy a monitor asap for productivity/media consumption/watching online content, needs to be 4k..........and futureproof......
Right now looking at buying: -

LG OLED FLEX (TV) EXPENSIVEEEEEEEEE​

LG 42" C2 (TV)​

ASUS PG42UQ (Gaming Monitor)​

Will the LG C3 be better than the C2 for using as a productivity monitor, (Word,Excel,Emailing, Watching online content in 4k).............???
Any suggestions what i should buy?
The idea would be 4k+ Glossy panel 32-42"....with multiple connections....Joystick/Remote for Adjusting Settings .... What is HDR10 HDR10+ HDR1000? Do I need it?

Associate
As far as reports say the 42 and 48 inch C3 will be no different to the C2 as the MLA technology is only being implemented on the 55 inch and above.

So other than some extra features or Smart TV extras you may get with the C3 there will be no difference.

Associate
OP
Does the C2 work just like a monitor, so if you were to put your pc to sleep, when you wakeup the pc, does it automatically wake up the C2? or does it need to be manually switched on? Also would using the C2 browsing be any different to browsing on a monitor? How bad is text clarity and scaling?

I dont have much option, its either the C2 or PG42UQ right now as I need a monitor asap....... I like the sleek look of the C2, but don't know if I would like it as use as a monitor. I dont game, will be primaily used for productivity and watching 4k content............

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the C2 work just like a monitor, so if you were to put your pc to sleep, when you wakeup the pc, does it automatically wake up the C2? or does it need to be manually switched on? Also would using the C2 browsing be any different to browsing on a monitor? How bad is text clarity and scaling?

I dont have much option, its either the C2 or PG42UQ right now as I need a monitor asap....... I like the sleek look of the C2, but don't know if I would like it as use as a monitor. I dont game, will be primaily used for productivity and watching 4k content............
You need to manually turn the LG on or off, though you can put a sleep timer on the tv.

Word of caution, i had the Asus PG42UQ and had to send it back after 2 months due to burn in, i ran an LG c1 48" for 18 months with no burn in.

Soldato
Will the LG C3 be better than the C2 for using as a productivity monitor, (Word,Excel,Emailing
That's where no OLED is good with fragility of that organic stuff:
Moving content burns through limited endurance of OLEDs forming pixels more or less evenly.
But any static high contrast content wears some pixels magnitudes more than others causing image "burn in".

And glossy surface would mean need to keep brightness up to overcome likely room/environment reflections putting even more wear on pixels.

OLED is simply still far from what was hyped already dozen years ago.

Associate
OP
That's where no OLED is good with fragility of that organic stuff:
Moving content burns through limited endurance of OLEDs forming pixels more or less evenly.
But any static high contrast content wears some pixels magnitudes more than others causing image "burn in".

And glossy surface would mean need to keep brightness up to overcome likely room/environment reflections putting even more wear on pixels.

OLED is simply still far from what was hyped already dozen years ago.
In that case what to you reccommend I should buy? needs to be Premium, 4k and look nice too! :)

Soldato
In that case what to you reccommend I should buy? needs to be Premium, 4k and look nice too! :)
Not much of FALD models if wanting high contrast in viewing movies/video etc.
A-TW polarizer/similar IPS glow minimizing filter is also improvement for that.

Ordered that Acer last Wednesday, but because of strike caused by those with already good salaries no idea if I'll get it in this week.

Soldato
Not much of FALD models if wanting high contrast in viewing movies/video etc.
A-TW polarizer/similar IPS glow minimizing filter is also improvement for that.

Ordered that Acer last Wednesday, but because of strike caused by those with already good salaries no idea if I'll get it in this week.

X32 FP? Can’t wait to hear your thoughts! I see that it’s available in the UK now.

Soldato
What do you think of these for everyday use? Any good?? Which has best picture quality?

32" Samsung Odyssey Neo G8
32" Dell U3223QE
32" Samsung LS32BM801UUXXU - M80B

I love my U3223QE but since it lacks VRR I’m looking to change it. As an office monitor it’s absolutely brilliant though.

Back
Top Bottom