52 and just bought my first console a ps4..what should I play first

Associate
Bloodborne GOTY gets my vote, I was originally intrigued by this game only because of the graphics and setting.
So glad I took the plunge I've spent hundreds of hours with this beauty. Be warned though the game is hard as nails, but the feeling of accomplishment is amazing.

Soldato
There are a ton of amazing games, I'd also like to recommend some of the indie titles which you may have experienced on PC but if not I'd put forward, the following which if not on sale right now regularly are:
  • Firewatch
  • Journey
  • Inside
I would disagree with the recommendations for GTA5, the engine is awesome and still looks amazing but the actual game, story, characters etc. are rubbish and what it tries to pass off as humour is childish, immature nonsense.

Associate
OP
Once again thanks for all the suggestions. ..btw I've completed fire watch on the pc. ..really enjoyed it. I think I've got a game called inside in my steam account but it might be a different game all together. Sure I've seen a game called journey but will check it out...cheers ...

Caporegime
Right with the console I did buy rdrd 2 ( I know it's out soon on pc but fancied it on the ps4 instead).. and a game ive always wanted to play..The last of us.
I play mostly fps on the pc so I was thinking what a bout a good old rpg but I'm open to anything tbh. I do like the look of detroit almost human so games like that would be good.
The good thing about just getting the ps4 is that there is a massive catalogue to choose from but I am aiming at older titles to be fair...

Given the above - just a ransoms suggestion, since you play mostly fps on the PC have you missed out on the earlier GTA games too?

Though they're PS2 games you can get ported versions of GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas on the PS4.

I think you can get the PS3 Read Dead Redemption on the PS4 via the subscription service.

Also, lastly, a fun PS2 game called "Canis Canem Edit" or "Bully" (in North America) should be available too.

(I'm a big fan of the GTA Games/Rockstar - aside from getting elite for the PC they're pretty much the only games I have... still haven't bothered getting a PS4 yet, might skip it and get a PS5 if backwards compatible... ready for GTA6 - other games I'd consider trying are horizon zero dawn and the last of us, aim to get both of those whether I pick up a cheap PS4 or just go straight to the PS5 along with RDRD2)

Associate
If you like Souls games or just a big challenge then my money is on Bloodborne, my fave game of the generation for so many reasons but to name a few its drenched in atmosphere from the opening scene to the end credits, the combat is pretty much flawless and the weapon variety and weapon design is next level and the level design is nigh on perfect too.

Associate
The grand tour game :b
Detroit becoming human
GoW (already mentioned loads, throwing in again in case you have doubts)
Overcooked 2 - fun old fashioned coop game
Crash team racing

Soldato
Before you buy anything, check out what’s available on PlayStation Now. You get a free trial and can download the PS4 games locally.

If you're only a casual console gamer and not bothered about online play then the subscription services can be good value.

It was Xbox but I tried the Ghost Recon Wildlands 24 hour trial and then bought it for £15. I've put hours into it and got many times my expected hours per £.

There tend to be older titles on there that are still great games.

Soldato
I prefer games where i can plough x hours into it and then it's completed and i can move onto something else:

Last of Us
The Walking Dead franchise
Guardians of the Galaxy
Tales from the Borderland
Until Dawn
Resident Evil series
Zombi
Alien Isolation
Metal Gear Solid (original!)

I did play all the GTA's but mainly single player and a little bit of online

Would like to play Spiderman and next buy will be Last of Us 2.

The only game i regularly go back to on multiplayer is Left4Dead2 on the PC

Back
Top Bottom