• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700X3D and AM4 pricing

Soldato
I mean in the way that it's just Zen 3 with 3d cache. Not new technology, and performance is pretty much a known entity. There are no surprises in what it can do.
I feel like the CPU space has been pretty interesting the last few years tbh. Looking forward to seeing what AMD and Intel's next desktop offerings are like.

Soldato
always nice to have more options , not everyone can afford to completely switch platform when can just drop in CPU, for gaming anyone on am4 coming from none 3d will get nice boost in gaming , but I wouldnt do new build with it on am4 so it has its place

Last edited:
Associate
Been watching a few reviews of this chip, bit of a shame that the 5600X3D never got a proper release. Seems like it would be THE gaming choice for a lot of people.

Associate
Each to their own, not sure I've ever felt pride by owning a CPU.
You've never been excited about getting a new CPU? I remember being excited about installing a pentium dual core,and then a Core2Duo,and then a Core2Quad. I was feeling happy installing my 5500 as well. When you don't have much money these little things are nice feelings.

Associate
You've never been excited about getting a new CPU? I remember being excited about installing a pentium dual core,and then a Core2Duo,and then a Core2Quad. I was feeling happy installing my 5500 as well. When you don't have much money these little things are nice feelings.

No no I have been excited for sure! But that's just because I was getting more performance as opposed to me finding there to be all that much interesting regarding the actual CPU tech.

Associate
Yeah I get it,but with Moore's law coming to an end,I think it's interesting how they keep getting IPC increases,and X3D tech is cool imo. What happened with the Graphite stuff? Is that not a thing anymore?

Back
Top Bottom