• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700x3D Running high temps not sure why?

Associate
I use a AIO 360 corsair capelix on a 5800x3d idle temps around 40c/45c and gaming was about 82c so replaced thermal past and although the idle is the same gaming has dropped to around 72c.....I also use PBO2 with a -30 aswell.

Associate
I'm expecting it to be one of those single fair 140mm AIOs based on what's been said - although it would help if OP actually stated what CPU cooler it was.
I have a 5700X3D on a 140mm AIO. One of the big things that swayed me to the 5700X3D over the 5800X3D was the slowly emerging evidence showing something like my AIO could handle it, and that it was in fact significantly cooler than the 5800X3D.

You can see some of my temp results here:

In games it turned out cooler than my old 5700X. Only in something like Cinebench did it cause the fans to ramp up to 100%, topping out at 70C.

The OP's temperature results are way out of line from what I can tell, suggesting over voltage or a very wrong HSF instillation.

Associate
It sounds like a cooler issue to me. It's the easiest thing to test too. Either put your 3600 back in to test that out or try to get your hands on a cheap air cooler for testing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom