• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5900X won't POST - Incompatible BIOS?

Hey all just spent 8hrs or so today building my new rig ASUS tuf gaming x570 plus with 5800x and suffered a lot of the same problems would only boot as far as the ASUS splash screen but f2 or delete did nothing. I removed the m.2 drive and the Sata drives still no luck getting into the bios, tried usb flash thing but didn’t work either, tried multiple different sticks of ram, tried hdmi and display port. Finally as I was about to give up and as last resort based on something I saw about uefi bios and rtx cards I took my rtx 3070 out and put on an old Radeon 7950 I had lying around, and what do ya know got into the bios flashed it put the rtx 3070 back in and all good. Hope that helps if someone having the same issue

How about this for a terrible experience.

the a8 cpu he used for the bios update gets removed from the board compatibility list in the bios that he managed to put on. So it needed a newer cpu to post.
Then that particular bios version was also unstable, he wasn't having a good week. not all his fault though. I watched his follow up video on it too.

Back
Top Bottom