6 Nations (SPOILER)

Man of Honour
6 Nations

Starts today!
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how the World Champions shape up without the likes of Wilkinson & Johnson, it will be good to see if the less experienced lads can fill the boots of the missing players & keep the continuity required to sustain a great dynasty. Here's the fixtures:

February 14, 2004
France v Ireland 14:00
Wales v Scotland 16:00

February 15, 2004
Italy v England 15:00

February 21, 2004
France v Italy 14:00
Scotland v England 17:30

February 22, 2004
Ireland v Wales 15:00

March 06, 2004
Italy v Scotland 13:30
England v Ireland 16:00

March 07, 2004
Wales v France 15:00

March 20, 2004
Ireland v Italy 13:30
England v Wales 16:00

March 21, 2004
Scotland v France 15:00

March 27, 2004
Wales v Italy 14:00
Ireland v Scotland 16:00
France v England 20:00

All live on BBC.

I think the last game could well be the decider again;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Paul Grayson:)

England: I Balshaw (Bath); J Lewsey (Wasps), W Greenwood (Harlequins), J Robinson (Sale Sharks), B Cohen (Northampton); P Grayson (Northampton), A Gomarsall (Gloucester); T Woodman (Gloucester), S Thompson (Northampton), P Vickery (Gloucester), D Grewcock (Bath), B Kay (Leicester), J Worsley (Wasps), R Hill (Saracens), L Dallaglio (Wasps, captain).

Thompson has been passed fit, but Back has been axed from the squad for a lack of form. Shows a hell of a depth in squad if you can do that.

Soldato
Good to see Gomarsoll at scrum half, hes been playing well for glos recently and glad Pauls been put in the squad as hes really improved. Will be interesting to see just what an effect no Jonny has on us, tho i think we have a good enough team without him to win the tourny

Associate
Originally posted by Mad old tory
Good to see Gomarsoll at scrum half, hes been playing well for glos recently and glad Pauls been put in the squad as hes really improved. Will be interesting to see just what an effect no Jonny has on us, tho i think we have a good enough team without him to win the tourny

I think you'll struggle a little with Grayson playing, he's likely to stifle the game a little.

Robinson in the centre is a bold move! Don't reckon his tackling is up to that! just hope he plays there against us!

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by dafadau
I think you'll struggle a little with Grayson playing, he's likely to stifle the game a little.

I think he'll only play for as long as needed in the Italy match ie. 'til we rack up a big lead;) Then Barkley will come on for him to get some much needed experience:)

Associate
Originally posted by JohnnyG
I think he'll only play for as long as needed in the Italy match ie. 'til we rack up a big lead;) Then Barkley will come on for him to get some much needed experience:)

not seen anything of them, but then I wouldn't have :)

Can't Believe Alex King wasn't picked, he's been outstanding for Wasps, though of course we did beat them at home... :D

Soldato
I think playing Robinson in the centre is a bit of a risk, i personally think he may get caught out on positioning playing there. Although hes got enough natural talent to probably get away with it against everyone but the best.

Be interesting to see what style of rugby England try and play. With the back three they've picked i fancy we will see a lot of running.

I don't expect Grayson to play the full 80mins in any of the games, i think Woodward will try and get Barkley on to get him some big match experience, because to beat France in Paris i'd fancy we need to score a couple of tries at least, and i don't think Grayson is dynamic enough to enable that, especially with Betsen bearing down on him :eek:

Soldato
Grayson has really improved his ability to get the back line moving with sharp hands,and with gomers whiping those long flat passes of his straight to him the 3/4's are going to have a field day spread the whole width of the pitch. Then if you add into the equation Balshaw coming in to support the attack from fullback there are going to be plenty of 5 pointers.
It seems obvious that Sir Clive has taken the approach that without the metronomic kicking of JW we'll get the points by running the ball over the whitewash instead. It again demonstrates the embaressment of riches that Team England can call on that they can radically change from their previous gameplan without leaving you worrying too much.

Will be interesting to see Wales-France at the Millenium, I have a sneaking suspicion that the final game at Stad Frances won't be a decider for the Grand Slam. I do think Wales will be on the end of a revenge whumping at Twickers though.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers:)

France 35-17 Ireland
Wales 23-10 Scotland

France looked pretty good in the 2nd half, they threw the ball about well as usual & scored some good tries. Michalaks kicking was a lot better than last time I saw him play;)

Didn't see the Wales - Scotland game so no comment:)

Back
Top Bottom