6 Year old boy thrown 5 floors from Tate Modern Museum in London by 17 year old boy

Sgarrista
Commissario
Right and? Whats your contribution to sharing this news? Is it shocking? Does it imply something? Is Brexit to blame?

Whats the point in a thread literally just copy pasting the news?

Soldato
Heard about this on the news earlier.

From what I gathered it sounds like this 17 year old lad just throw him over the balcony. There's no suspected link between the 2 boys, and the culprit sounds like he just stood there after it.

It's all a bit chilling.

Associate
Right and? Whats your contribution to sharing this news? Is it shocking? Does it imply something? Is Brexit to blame?

I would say a 6 year old boy thrown from the 5th floor of the Tate shocking. Not sure who wouldn't find that shocking?

Edit 10th Floor Landed 5 floor down :(

Soldato
OP

What got your knickers in a twist today Kindai?

There are lots of interesting threads in GD are based on news topics with no major insights added from the OP. I thought it might spark some conversation and be of interest to the members considering where a lot of the users on this site are from.

I was initially going to make some further comments but I actually reconsidered before posting because I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it. I had a friend there ealier who was What'sApping me pics from inside the building. They thought it could have been a terrorist attack at first because of the way the whole place went into lockdown with no comms from the museum.

Sorry I bothered posting.

Caporegime
Good way to ruin your life getting (potentially) convicted of attempted murder (or murder eventually if the kid doesn't recover) at 17 years of age.

Hope the kid pulls through... :(

Soldato
OP

Maybe you're right, it did come across a bit low effort.

Could it be, that modern art is so evocative it could drive an adolescent to attempt to commit murder?

Has modern art gone too far, so much so that it's inspiring young people to instantly commit the murder of a child as a form of their own modern art to evoke emotion from as much of the nation as possible?

Could it be that this 17 year old is really the next Banksy and the crime scene where the boy landed will eventually be sold for millions to the highest bidder?

Will the value go up if he gets convicted and this is the only piece he produces in public?

Or is he just a psycho who flung a kid off a balcony because he was a smart ass and cracked one too many yo mamma jokes?

So many questions remain unanswered.

Caporegime
K said:

My dude.

OP said:

Could it be, that modern art is so evocative it could drive an adolescent to attempt to commit murder?

Has modern art gone too far, so much so that it's inspiring young people to instantly commit the murder of a child as a form of their own modern art to evoke emotion from as much of the nation as possible?

Could it be that this 17 year old is really the next Banksy and the crime scene where the boy landed will eventually be sold for millions to the highest bidder?

Will the value go up if he gets convicted and this is the only piece he produces in public?

Or is he just a psycho who flung a kid off a balcony because he was a smart ass and cracked one too many yo mamma jokes?

A measured response? On GD?

MODS !

Caporegime

If it does get framed as modern art, I wonder how many of the modern art defenders here will recognise it as such.

After all, so they keep saying, "Anything can be art".

I guess that must include murder.

Caporegime

Nah, clearly it is Trump's fault.

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if something ridiculous like that did happen in years to come. Well not so much that exactly but the 17 yr old turning into an artist after apparently rehabilitating himself.

I really hope the 6 year old kid makes it, the 17 year old is looking at an attempted murder charge at the moment.

Soldato
He should just claim it was an art installation highlighting the fragility of youth, he'd get off scot-free and most likely be in with a shout for a Turner Prize. Although is anyone taking bets on when autism or assburgers will be blamed?

Soldato
OP
Like why you replied to his post twice

Because it was eating away at me, the fact that I could create a post on the internet for all to see that had such little value. The fact that it made people angry at the fact I had posted something they felt was so poor in quality, they had bothered to read it and then been so offended at how crap it was that they took the time to compose a written reply to me about how **** they thought that post was.

Honestly, it hurt.

At first I was angry. Then sad. Then inspired, to add some value to the conversation and make a comment on the link. The comment I should have made in the OP.

It took a few hours of gestation after the OP, but it finally happened and I birthed the small bit of commentary some users so desperately craved. I'm truly ashamed it took so long to produce, but perhaps now we can move on and discuss the topic at hand.

Last edited:
Caporegime
He should just claim it was an art installation highlighting the fragility of youth, he'd get off scot-free and most likely be in with a shout for a Turner Prize. Although is anyone taking bets on when autism or assburgers will be blamed?

Quite possibly that will be blamed, in fact the latter doesn't even exist anymore, it is just autism now.

Back
Top Bottom