6 yr old system, sell, rebuild?

Man of Honour
Sorry, communication error, my original build had a Corsair 850w psu, I upgraded to 1000w, so I have a spare 850w psu for the new build, whether I go with 12100 or the 5600, I see that they use similar power 60/65w, am I ok with a cheap Rgb air cooler or am I better off with a better one or a cheap water cooler
i dont think the boys will be putting any pressure on the cpu, they mostly play Fortnite or Roblox :D
Personally i think you better off with the 5600 build I sugested for that price. Cooling don't overpay a rgb £20 cooler will do

My suggsetion motherboard is matx so a smaller case will do if you prefer.

Case take a look, gone for a 92mm cooler as case has limitation of 154mm height.

My basket at OcUK:
Total: £79.68 (Includes shipping: £11.70)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
7.5k for that? ouch! This is why I would never splash out on the top end of anything. Somebody made a nice tidy profit.
At the time it was top of the range, just like now having 2x 4090’s in SLI with a 13900KF. It was a once in a lifetime splashout
Tbf, it lasted well enough for 6 years so I can’t complain
It did come with a ROG strix gaming monitor too 34” 21:9 which ain’t cheap themselves

Last edited:
Permabanned
= £1k a year so I can’t grumble, that and it coped with Adobe illustrator like a breeze, and still does

That's like a 6-year contract paying £83.33 per month though. When you say it like that it sounds bad to a lot of people. Unless having that PC helps with an income to pay that monthly bill it's certainly not bang for buck IMO but who am I to talk. I still run a 660 GTX from 2012 and a FM2+ system, windows 11. and at the moment no problems :cry:

I don't do anything heavy on it though, office use with basic platform games.

Associate
OP
Took one of the Titan x out of the old PC which I will install in the new PC, where I have encountered an issue.
I no longer have the screws that hold the stock cooler to the gpu
Am I correct in assuming they are m2.5 x 5mm screws and the 4 larger ones around the processor are m2.5 x 6.9mm?

actually from further reading before 2017 they used m2 not m2.5?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A little annoyed, bought all the parts, paid extra for it all to be delivered Saturday, the case turned up parcel 1 of 2, but the 2/2 hasn’t yet turned up.
DPD are useless !
DPD now say they’ll deliver Tuesday!
However the m2 screws worked on the gpu so that’s one thing.

Back
Top Bottom