1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£600 Fortnite Machine

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by wesimmo, May 21, 2019.

1. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Hi,

It's been a few years since I kept up with hardware and GFX cards.

My nephew is looking for a PC to play Fortnite and do some music editing, though he's clear the Fortnite side of things is key.

Don't need a case as we have a couple lying around, so it's just the guts he needs.

I'm happy to build it with him so hit me with some bits!

TIA.

2. Frozennova

Man of Honour

What bits do you need?

I've got a full Ryzen 1700 + RX570 system to split, if you're interesting I can get a full list of bits for you

3. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Nah I'm dead boring mate! ;)

But yeah open to options to get him what he needs for the limited budget.

4. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Ignore me anyway. I'm clearly dense and can't read and this isn't a wanted thread in the MM like i i thought it was :o

5. Plec

Capodecina

I've assumed he needs WiFi, so included it on the board (money could be saved here if not needed). The Carbon is a quality B450 with decent VRMS (great for clocking and future CPU upgrades) and will accommodate Zen 2 if he decides to upgrade in the future. The 2600 comes with a decent stock cooler - ideally he would get a 2600X (but OcUK price is steep). Plus it comes with two free games - which could be sold to offset total cost. Ideally, if he was going to clock he would add a third party cooler - but he could hit 3.7GHz across all cores with stock...

Fortnite will flatter the RX 570 8Gb but it's a capable budget card at 1080p - plus this card comes with same 2 free games, again you could sell on and offset costs.

Basically, you would get 4 free games; 2 of which he could keep (as same games) - or sell all 4 and either reduce cost by ~£80 or spend the anticipated additional on better GPU, if he plans on playing AAA games in the future.

Took off shipping as free for you:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: ~£623.04
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    An example of Fortnite running at epic settings on a RX 570 and 2600 clocked to 4GHz:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  6. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Much appreciated mate. Will send him the link (and his parents...) and hopefully get him interested in building his own machines.

7. Oblivion007

Gangster

Great shout getting him involved in the build process. At the very least he learns something, at best its a potential interest for life and an insight into a career.

8. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

There are a couple of great deals going about of bundles of the Ryzen 5 2600 and a RX570 4Gb for around £230 which is a solid base for a nice little fortnite machine :)

9. Minstadave

Capodecina

Cant imagine a better value setup for his needs.

10. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

And at that price there is more money to add a SSD or a better case Or some LED Fans.. :D

11. Minstadave

Capodecina

All the RGB!

12. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

I am not a fan of RGB but I am going mostly RGB with my new gaming build for some reason.. LOL!

13. Double07

Wise Guy

Please not the RGB fans, for the love all that is good!!

14. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Yup, 140mm Fractal Prisma case Fans, 120mm Fractal Prisma CPU Cooler fan and Corsair RGB Pro memory.. :D

As you can tell I am going for subtlety..

:o