7% of American adults think chocolate milk comes from brown cows...

Soldato
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-an...s-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows/

And no, there's no punchline to that headline :o

After the most frequently asked question on the Innovation Center for US Dairy's website was "Does chocolate milk come from brown cows?" they decided to commission a survey.

From that survey, 7% of adults thought it did come from brown cows and a staggering 48% admitted they weren't sure where chocolate milk comes from...

It beggars belief really doesn't it, I know the US aren't renowned for having the best education system - oddly though as they have some of the best Universities in the world - but the general state education system must be appalling!

Also the above article mentions a study from the 1990's that showed 20% of Americans didn't know hamburgers we're made from the meat of cows...:D

Caporegime
I was about 15 before I realised hamburgers were made from beef. Then I realized it was just their poor grasp of English causing confusion again...

I'd love to know the thought process that decided to call something made of beef after a pork product!

Soldato
And how many people vote "pancake" on OCUK polls? Their FAQ doesn't help with the situation either:

Myth: Chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

Fact: Actually, chocolate milk – or any flavored milk for that matter – is white cow’s milk with added flavoring and sweeteners.

That just tells me that chocolate milk only comes from white cows with flavoring, so what comes out of brown cows?

I just did a test on cheese on their site and intentionally ticking the daft options whenever I had a choice to, how long until they publish some of the answers from that?

Caporegime
I was about 15 before I realised hamburgers were made from beef. Then I realized it was just their poor grasp of English causing confusion again...

I'd love to know the thought process that decided to call something made of beef after a pork product!

Hamburg. Like Frankfurter is for Frankfurt.

Germans arent very imaginative tbh.

Caporegime
I thought, meh 7% can't be that many people. ~22m people think that! Surely not?

Edit - hang on. They think 7% is 16.4 million with a population of 321 million. Interesting maths.

Back
Top Bottom