7% of American adults think chocolate milk comes from brown cows...

Soldato
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-an...s-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows/

And no, there's no punchline to that headline :o

After the most frequently asked question on the Innovation Center for US Dairy's website was "Does chocolate milk come from brown cows?" they decided to commission a survey.

From that survey, 7% of adults thought it did come from brown cows and a staggering 48% admitted they weren't sure where chocolate milk comes from...

It beggars belief really doesn't it, I know the US aren't renowned for having the best education system - oddly though as they have some of the best Universities in the world - but the general state education system must be appalling!

Also the above article mentions a study from the 1990's that showed 20% of Americans didn't know hamburgers we're made from the meat of cows...:D

7% of adults don't think at all - they just randomly guess at possible answers. Yes, No... They'll just pick one in a panic of how to please the survey taker. I'm honestly surprised it's as high as 48% admitting to not knowing something. Usually the less someone knows about something the more they think they're an expert on it, in my experience!

V F

V F

Soldato
British people slagging Americans about their education? Isn't that a bit rich considering the state of ours...

Caporegime
To be fair I'm a vegetarian and always order the cheeseburger. It's good that mcdonalds support other eating choices.

Exactly, it was a burger with cheese. So why Is a hamburger not a burger with ham? :p
Apparently, 'The name “hamburger" actually came from Hamburg, the second largest city in Germany. In the late 1700s, sailors who traveled between Hamburg and New York City often ate hard slabs of salted minced beef, which they called “Hamburg steak."'

Soldato
Apparently, 'The name “hamburger" actually came from Hamburg, the second largest city in Germany. In the late 1700s, sailors who traveled between Hamburg and New York City often ate hard slabs of salted minced beef, which they called “Hamburg steak."'

Good to know :). Thanks!

I only really knew them as beefburgers never really came across hamburgers.

Soldato
There are a ton of different theories as to where the name came from but it's clear it was made popular in America not Hamburg:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger#Claims_of_invention

Back
Top Bottom