7% of American adults think chocolate milk comes from brown cows...

Soldato
And how many people vote "pancake" on OCUK polls? Their FAQ doesn't help with the situation either:

That just tells me that chocolate milk only comes from white cows with flavoring, so what comes out of brown cows?

I just did a test on cheese on their site and intentionally ticking the daft options whenever I had a choice to, how long until they publish some of the answers from that?

It is very poorly worded.

Caporegime
My wife used to work in a rough city centre school in Leicester and the kids got taken on a school trip to a farm. Apparently they were amazed at how big the cows were, because they'd only ever seen pictures of them on bottles of milk or whatever. I guess that's forgivable when you're 8 years old or whatever.

V F

V F

Soldato
My wife used to work in a rough city centre school in Leicester and the kids got taken on a school trip to a farm. Apparently they were amazed at how big the cows were, because they'd only ever seen pictures of them on bottles of milk or whatever. I guess that's forgivable when you're 8 years old or whatever.

The one I heard the milk comes from Tesco.

Permabanned
Well dairy cows can be brown and the main component of chocolate milk is milk, so I don't think it is incorrect to say that chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

Man of Honour
I was about 15 before I realised hamburgers were made from beef. Then I realized it was just their poor grasp of English causing confusion again...

I'd love to know the thought process that decided to call something made of beef after a pork product!

They're named after the city of Hamburg, although it's not clear why. Apparently the "ham" connection is a coincidence - a rough translation of "Hamburg" would be something like "settlement on the bend of the river".

Back
Top Bottom