• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£700 to spend on a single card solution.

Soldato
Buy a 3gb GTX 580, when the new cards are out you can then buy one of the new range.

edit: if you have to absolutely must spend that amount then get a second card for physx only. apparently buying a lesser card with a 580 will bottleneck it.

Last edited:
Associate
6990 then you can get a 6950/70 in the future if wanted for trifire plus sell your 260...

But like everyone has said keep away from 590 my bro sent his back.

bru

bru

Soldato
You can't link to competitors. I'd edit that before a mod gives you a holiday. ;)

Is it just me or is this post ironic.

A little hint, if your going to tell someone that they cant link to a competitors website because its against the forum rules its probably not a good idea to quote them and include the link in your post.:p

Soldato
No need to get uppity. I am merely sorting out the options. The 590 has only blown its load when overclocked. As far as a single card is concerned, going by just the numbers it has better performance then the 580. I asked for opinions in the first place because I am undecided. The only reason people have given me to stay away from the 590 is because it has a thermal problem when overclocked. I am not going to overclock any graphics card.

I am taking your advice onboard, but I need to make sure the card I go for is the correct one for my needs and not what you consider "best for you"

My needs being, great performance on a single card. Thats the best for my budget.
All my suggestions has been based around your circumstance, not what's "best for me" as you put it. Everyone's been been advising against getting the GTX590 because all the extra performance means nothing if the card kill itself, or cripple itself its performance for the sake of not killing itself. If you want to take the risk on the GTX590 that's your choice, but that's a VERY bad idea.

I'm not upset in anyway...as I'm in no loss whatever your decision is. The thing is we have seen fair share of people who come here asking for advises only to act AGAINST it and gone and do as they please, only to return here later crying and saying how they messed up and asking for help- at which point people just don't bother helping them anymore since they consider "people that don't listen cannot be helped". If you do get a GTX590 and something does go wrong, the chances are people won't bother helping you again in the future

Back
Top Bottom