£74m wealth and drives....

Soldato
Doesnt Warren Buffet still drive one of his old cars, and live in the same house as before he was rich? Think it was him.

He also goes to the same cafe too afaik.

All the rich people i know have porsche's, aston martins etc though...

Soldato
I could afford a mortgage 3 times the size but I never will bother, I might buy a second house but thats about it.
Why?

Theres nothing wrong with my house, it's big enough, the areas fine, enough parking.

I guess thats the way this guy sees it, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Permabanned
Maybe these people have nice cars but don't want to shove it in peoples faces at work. Nice cars for the weekend and spare time, work car reasonable little run around :) has anyone seen what car Bill Gates Drives to work?

Associate
Maybe these people have nice cars but don't want to shove it in peoples faces at work. Nice cars for the weekend and spare time, work car reasonable little run around :) has anyone seen what car Bill Gates Drives to work?
Last I heard he was driving a 1998 911 Cab...in pink. :confused::p

Soldato
Lots of the rich people I know lack an expensive, flash car.

What's the point if you're not into cars? They treat it like their washing machine, dishwasher or whatever.

He may have a £30,000 set of golf clubs, when a £3000 set would do him just dandy.

Soldato
I could aford to drive a vastly better car than I do right now and even it's iminent replacements (TDCI Mondeo) is well within what I could afford. I choose to spend my money on other things that I gain for more pleasure from (Two weeks in Thailand, not backpacking in mud huts) it's horses for courses even if I was mega rich I'd probably only have three cars big diesel 5 Series for eating up the miles, something Sporty(caterham maybe) and a classic Mini restored to mint condition just because I could.

Soldato
If I was rich and didn't care about cars I would probably just have some newish, generic which I thought was reliable and sensible. Why would you bother having an Aston, M5, etc if you weren't interested in cars? Answer is you wouldn't unless you wanted to be "flash". Obviously he's not bothered. If he's that rich the chances are that he doesn't need to work but I bet he still does. Not everyone has OCUK Motors "OMG I must buy a BMW" attitude however much money they have.

Associate
OP
All I read is his daughters into cars, where can I meet her? D

I think she's still on the market actually! Her last car was a Y plate Celica that she ended up sticking in a ditch on its roof after racing some girl in a MK4 GTi Golf. Yeah the only petrol head in the family. I dunno if the scoob's been modded at all other than the dump valve i hear every day at 5pm as she pulls out the office carpark.

Soldato
I work with a fund manager who is on doubt minted but wears the same red tie which has the same knot in it that i suspect it gets loosened enough to slip over his neck and back on in the morning! Also i was told of treasury tags being used as cufflinks. A very funny eccentric guy. No idea what he drives though.

Man of Honour
You either like and appreciate nice motors or you don't, money has nothing to do with it, it simply allows you to express that appreciation if that tickles your fancy.

Back
Top Bottom