• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k 4.8Ghz bundle packaging, is this normal?

Soldato
Not at all. I was not riled up by any of it.
I suppose it's hard to read emotions through forums.
The CV rollout was only brought up by me being accused of being a traffic warden :) Enjoy your weekend
The 8pack premium you paid appears to have bought you a large dose of OcUK Fanboy vitriol.

Caporegime
The 8pack premium you paid appears to have bought you a large dose of OcUK Fanboy vitriol.

Go read the thread again. I have not purchased this. I would not pay anyone to overclock a CPU for me.
Fanboy of what exactly? Too many dicks jumping on this already loaded bandwagon

You need to read his post again; you have misinterpreted what he said.

Soldato
I have sold a few CPUs and bits on that famous auction site and they were either shipped in those hard plastic cases in another box,the original packaging in another box or in a small anti-static bag between two pieces of foam in a reinforced box with extra padding. The main thing is for the CPU not to be free to move about since lots of couriers are very time limited and will not be treating the packages that well. It only takes one of the little surface mounted bits on the CPU to be damaged for it to potentially not work,plus a hard jolt could actually damage the edge of the PCB(probably more cosmetic though).

Plus,remember a fair number of AMD CPUs have pins on the CPU,so that means you need to even more careful since they are **** easy to damage if the CPU is not immobilised properly. The AMD Ryzen chips are not LGA,so I assume the OcUK pre-overclocked bundles for AMD CPUs,will be somewhat better packaged.

Last edited:
Associate
About the only proper thing i see wrong here is the cpu packaging as the cpu should not be able to have "free" movement around the box (that should not just be shrugged off as it could get damaged that way).

Cpu radiator's are a toss of a coin if they are in good condition or not, it usally is only the fins that get a couple of dents though so if there is scratches on the paint work and tons of bent fins then i would return and ask for another.

The fan "issue" is pretty simple either leave the stickers on or spend time and effort removing them, yes after a couple/few months the sticker can degrade and start to catch wind causing the system to get louder but that is usally rare and not really worth the effort unless you are a silent pc fanatic.

Associate
As stated before in this thread, i would also never send a product packaged like that to be sold on MM so why would you accept it like that from a company? The rad dents wouldn't really bother with, i have never received a rad from anywhere without dents in it and i have owned a lot of rads.

Soldato
Just shows a lack of care.
Maybe OcUK dont care about customers paying £750? Of course they must, but this makes it look like they don't. Working/not working is not the issue, why would someone get a red letter day feeling when they receive it packed like that?
Bear in mind, the rainforest would never send anything packaged like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've bought and sold a lot on members market and I wouldn't dream of packaging an item like that. Nor would I expect that from anyone else.

I'd be pretty annoyed myself.

Even bent radiator fins would annoy me but I'd let that slide. I bought some watercooling kit on members market and it was like new. For a new purchase from a retailer I think I'd be expecting the same.

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTuDPM6fjQU

CPUs may not be very sensitive to damage from static but if I were sending a CPU in the post I'd put it in an anti-static clamshell for physical/static protection, then secure that in the box with paper or foam to stop it rattling around. I'd expect complaints if I just stuck it in a box, loosely secured by foam.

Last edited:
Associate
You see i'm a Mechanic and i run my own garage, i have two different types of customers as a general rule, i have 'normal' people who understand that humans make mistakes and don't make a fuss about it, i bend over backwards for people like this and give them the best customer service, the 'other type' are people who seem to never be happy no matter what you do and make problems from nothing. They get told to **** off, its as simple as that.

The latter give me the most pleasure in dealing with.

Y

My Mum hated that dont do it again!"

Back
Top Bottom