• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
DO NOT return this item under DSR, DSR is "I changed my mind" and you will get costs for shipping/restocking etc etc. This is faulty, phone OCUK and tell them the item is not working when installed correctly, send them images etc etc or link this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOQ
Soldato
DO NOT return this item under DSR, DSR is "I changed my mind" and you will get costs for shipping etc etc. This is fauly, phone OCUK and tell them the item is not working when installed correctly, send them images etc etc or link this thread.

It think @NOQ has already said he with do an RMA but this is good advice and worth emphasising. BUDFORCE is planning to DSR which will mean paying return costs (faulty or not). So if BUDFORCE does not want to pay for the return postage, they will need to start an RMA process which includes a fault testing period. Once confirmed faulty BUDFORCE can opt for a replacement or a refund.

Last edited:
Associate
It think @NOQ has already said he with do an RMA but this is good advice. BUDFORCE is planning to DSR which will mean paying return costs (faulty or not).
Yeah that's just plain dumb, and saves you no time at all...they will arrange RMA return in an instant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah that's just plan dumb, and saves you no time at all...they will arrange RMA return in an instant.

Yep, and if confirmed faulty you have the option of a refund. With DSR you are saying I changed my mind and I agree to return at my cost.

With RMA you are saying this is faulty and I want a replacement or refund. The two processes should not be confused or used incorrectly.

Soldato
ok so (and apologies for hijacking this thread).

Screenshots here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/sapphire-amd-deals.18974942/post-36543548

I tried several games, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Days Gone, Rocket League, Kerbal Space Program, Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries, all run pretty terribly.

The artificating shown was one start up a few times, then gone after a restart, then again after closing a game, so wasn't constant, leading me to believe that wasnt a cable/monitor problem. I also have a video of the GPU plugged into the system with the screen aritficats like that.

There were no artifcats as such in game, but all games running terribly, input lag, low FPS, some glitching like the windows mouse loading icon in screen.

I checked the GPU was seated correctly, and firmly in the port with the "click" checked both 8pin power connecters in firmly, using seperate cables from a corsair 850w psu. Good quality DP cable used. Old nvidia drivers wiped using DDU and new AMD drivers installed fresh without the internet connected so to avoid windows trying to its own "universal graphics driver" or similar.

This was installed on otherwise working PC which has been sold, with a current 3070 working fine, no other hardware changed.

Reactions: NOQ
Soldato
It's a faulty GPU. Time for an RMA and refund or replacement. Do not use the DSR process as you will have to pay returns postage.

Edit: If you can't find a DSR process on some sites, it is because it has been called the Consumer Contracts Regulations since 2014.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not saying this will fix a problem as serious as artifacts in BIOS, but I was getting driver crashes with my new Pulse 7900 XT when benchmarking and the first thing I tried was pointing an 18" floor fan at full speed into the case to identify a thermal issue. As there were no crashes with the floor fan running, I then tried setting the Pulse fans to 100% - again, no crashes. I ended up fixing the issue by increasing the fan curve on the Pulse by ~10% and disabling zero fan.

Also interesting was that changing round the three top case fans from exhaust to inlet dropped the case temp by ~4C when under load. I now have 9 fans blowing in (6 either side of front mounted AIO rad), and only one out...

Last edited:
Soldato
For clarity, are you saying this happens at OCUK, or is this regarding other vendors? It is worth clarifying because it comes across as accusing OCUK of this practice.

It is normal practice in any decent PC hardware supplier that any returned and opened DSR items (faulty or not) are fully tested before being put back in to stock. It's just simple preventative action to reduce potential issues and negative perceptions of your company. It is also just quicker and easier to do than not.
I'm accusing everyone. Both retailers and the muppets that can't be bothered to do a proper RMA.

I highly doubt is more economical to have staff stress testing each computer part for hours that was returned under DSR.

Soldato
I'm accusing everyone. Both retailers and the muppets that can't be bothered to do a proper RMA.

I highly doubt is more economical to have staff stress testing each computer part for hours that was returned under DSR.

Have you worked in computer retail at all? DSRs are checked for damage to the part and packaging to determine if they are OK for restock, or do they go to B-Grade/Open box, or pre-builds as OEM. We were a small outfit and had a dedicated faults team that would check faulty returns and DSRs to test and categorise. Incidentally nowhere did I mention "stress tests" for simple DSR returns, that is you creating a straw man.

I'm not speaking for OCUK but I would doubt they simply put the DSRs back to stock without some basic checks. The fact they have B-Grade deals is proof that they don't do this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whilst I'm sure under an RMA return, it would get tested, found faulty etc, I've heard plenty of stories of people receiving other RMA stock etc rather than brand new replacement items, or receive things "repaired" but then you gotta question that. I guess maybe not so much with graphics cards as you can easily repair those.

I bought a Seasonic PSU that was weirdly incompatible with my motherboard (i'd blame the motherboard TBH) and RMAd it back to OcUK; they tested it and it checked out fine so sent it back. It of course didn't work so I dug around and found some other posts on the Internet about the incompatibility and again returned it and asked for a different PSU. They sent me an Enermax of equivalent specs and value and it worked fine. They paid for all of the shipping costs.

99% of times stuff is fine, but 1% of the time you just get unlucky and OcUK have *always* been much better with support than any other UK based etailer from my experience.

Soldato
I bought a Seasonic PSU that was weirdly incompatible with my motherboard (i'd blame the motherboard TBH) and RMAd it back to OcUK; they tested it and it checked out fine so sent it back. It of course didn't work so I dug around and found some other posts on the Internet about the incompatibility and again returned it and asked for a different PSU. They sent me an Enermax of equivalent specs and value and it worked fine. They paid for all of the shipping costs.

99% of times stuff is fine, but 1% of the time you just get unlucky and OcUK have *always* been much better with support than any other UK based etailer from my experience.

Ok thank you, that adds comfort.

Soldato
Ok after reading through this thread and peoples comments I have replied to the message again (didnt have a reply yet) saying I am happy for them to treat is as an RMA as the card is faulty rather than a DSR.

I hope I don't live to regret that.

Man of Honour
Ok after reading through this thread and peoples comments I have replied to the message again (didnt have a reply yet) saying I am happy for them to treat is as an RMA as the card is faulty rather than a DSR.

I hope I don't live to regret that.

You should have no problem getting a refund rather than a replacement, prior to 30 days.

Soldato
The Distance Selling Regulations (DSA) grants the consumer 30 days of cooling off to decide if they actually want the product, it could be it's not as advertised or they just made a stupid purchasing decision. You should send the product back exactly as received. Buying a pair of shoes, wearing them for 28 days and sending them back pretty much waives your rights here. This law is strongly consumer.

The Return to Manufacturer Authorisation (RMA) is the process of sending a defective product back to the producer of the product.
It gets a bit fuzzy here, but the retailer is responsible for faulty goods. What usually happens is that the retailer will be responsible for the first year and then you deal with the manufacturer for any extended period of warranty (for instance failure in the second or third year). In practice many manufacturers don't want to set up departments to deal with individual consumer complaints so you see the retailer handling the extended warranty themselves for the extra period.

If you receive a broken product, then that's clearly a fault under the DSA as you were expecting a working product. However, you've unboxed the product so you haven't returned it in the same state as you received it, which means if it works for them then you are in a fuzzy grey area. If its broken, then you can easily argue that it's not as advertised.

If they confirm the product was actually broken, then for the first 30 days they should send you a brand new replacement and if you receive a refurb then you can rightfully complain that you bought the product in the expectation that it worked and is new.

TL: DR if its broken when it arrives you should get a new replacement and the retailer will RMA the broken one and claim a credit or get a refurb back that they can sell as open box or send to people that RMA things over 30 days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Return received at OCUK today.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed because whilst it was artifacting on the finatal fantasy benchmark they asked to run, it actually got a really high score, and on the ungine heaven benchmark it ran for 20 minutes no artifcating or issues at all, which is weird.

Then I boot up Fallout 76 and it runs at 40 FPS instead of 144FPS on my 3070 which is supposedly 40% slower, and I am getting visible (on camera) input lag and the occasional glitching like the windows mouse loading icon appearing on screen. And this is consistent accross all games, and the graphics looks "weird" on some games.

Really odd.

Part of me bricking it now thinking they'll come back and say they found nothing wrong.

Associate
Return received at OCUK today.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed because whilst it was artifacting on the finatal fantasy benchmark they asked to run, it actually got a really high score, and on the ungine heaven benchmark it ran for 20 minutes no artifcating or issues at all, which is weird.

Then I boot up Fallout 76 and it runs at 40 FPS instead of 144FPS on my 3070 which is supposedly 40% slower, and I am getting visible (on camera) input lag and the occasional glitching like the windows mouse loading icon appearing on screen. And this is consistent accross all games, and the graphics looks "weird" on some games.

Really odd.

Part of me bricking it now thinking they'll come back and say they found nothing wrong.
Take some pictures and send them.

Back
Top Bottom