• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7990 Custom Bios - Remove Throttling

Caporegime
OP
Hi Matt

Thanks for posting your BIOS.

I have a fully functional Asus 7990 reference card. But when I flash the master GPU with Malta1 and slave with Malta2, I don't get any display after I restart and I have to revert to secondary BIOS. Card was working fine on first BIOS.

It's super bewildering. Could anyone shed some light on this? I don't see why it wouldn't work. :S

Found the problem.

Had the "blamer mentality" that the BIOSes were mixed up but since so many people could get theirs working I thought it might be something wrong with my set up, so I ran atiflash -i.

Turns out on my Asus 7990, GPU 0 is the slave.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1c5e/wq9lt0t2scstjf4zg.jpg?size_id=e

Derp. :p

Glad you got it working. Still have a couple of 7990's, one of my favourite ever GPUs. :cool:

Soldato
OK so you flash the BIOS's for both GPU's on the board. You want to ensure it flashes only one set of BIOS's as I'm unsure it can flash both. SO there are 2 switches each with a BIOS for both GPU's. You only want to flash one of these not both.

I'd use DDU to uninstall the display driver and then reinstall latest. Then try booting to new BIOS. No Joy? Try another...but only over 1 BIOS. Do not mix up the two. Keep one as a 'working' BIOS you can always use. Unsure if one is locked or not.

There are 2 types of 7990, 925-950mhz and 950-1000mhz, I don't know if this would make a difference but something to be aware of if trying to flash a BIOS of a higher spec 7990.

Good luck

Associate
Thank you AMD MAT !!!!!! This Bios v3 make my quadfire setup superfast..... now i run 1200/1700 at 1.285v +0% (Msi Afterburner) with Strong watercooling.. Also i disable ulps from registry .
Firestrike Ultra: Before 7145 score (Graphics 8276)
Now 7722 score (Graphics 9152)

I love my cards, so i dont plan to upgrade soon after this Bios Flash...

My 7990 Rig : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/aigina-modding-stryker-pc-2016-by-fear-gr.221240/

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you AMD MAT !!!!!! This Bios v3 make my quadfire setup superfast..... now i run 1200/1700 at 1.285v +0% (Msi Afterburner) with Strong watercooling.. Also i disable ulps from registry .
Firestrike Ultra: Before 7145 score (Graphics 8276)
Now 7722 score (Graphics 9152)

I love my cards, so i dont plan to upgrade soon after this Bios Flash...

My 7990 Rig : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/aigina-modding-stryker-pc-2016-by-fear-gr.221240/

Shame crossfire doesnt work in any new game :p

Back
Top Bottom