£8-9k sporty car with better fuel consumption than RX8?

Soldato
As title, really.

Looking for a sports-type car like the RX8, but with better fuel. In the end I may still plump for the RX, but just wanted to know the alternatives.

The RX is beautiful though. Love the styling, so perhaps you can see what I'm going for...

Many thanks lovelies.

Soldato
I'm in the market for an S2000 but I'm finding there aren't that many around for sale, unless I'm just being blind. I'm looking on Pistonheads, AutoTader, and local dealers, but I'm finding it hard to find one within budget (8-9k) and the colour I like which is a decent distance from where I live. :p

Associate
In the same sort of idea as the RX8 in your price range are
not including the already listed
Audi TT, Alfa GT, Celica,

Saloon coupes (don't think these are what you are after)
BMW 330, Merc CLK, C230K, pug 407 coupe

or older cars such as the
Porsche 928, Jag XK8, Skyline R34

I was in the same position about a year ago and got scared off the RX8 by the high tax on some of the newer ones (Registered after March 06 will cost you over £400 for 12months on the 231bhp) and the risk of the rotors going pop.

Man of Honour
How is a Celica or an Audi TT different in terms of concept to a 330Ci?

Actually both a Celica and a TT are hatchbacks if you want to get fussy ;)

Soldato
OP
I'd have the RX in a heartbeat if it had better consumption. Love the engine and the styling, but I can't deal with high teens economy around town, which is what I do mostly. I did look at Focus RS's too, but was turned off them.

I like the S2k too, but it seems to be a lot less car, for more money. Am I wrong?

Loving the suggestions, thank you all.

Man of Honour
but I can't deal with high teens economy around town, which is what I do mostly.

This might sound daft but... why not? I mean I doubt you rack up 30k a year driving around your local town. If most of your driving is in town you probably dont do huge miles, therefore the difference in actual monthly fuel cost between 18mpg and 24mpg is probably not much?

Sounds like you need an RX8..

Back
Top Bottom