** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
I may be really stupid here but after installing everything all that happens is there is an infinite loop of booting to the bios. I can't seem to get it to do anything else. Am I just being stupid or is there an issue somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
It seems to load the bios without any issues and I have checked the boot options and it appears that both the hard drives do appear however when you exit the bios just load back up no matter what.

I have a USB with Windows 10 on which I seem to be able to use to fresh install maybe on the HDD but the SSD won't even show in the list to install it there.

Associate
Nevermind. All working now I somehow knocked a power cable out of the SSD. Very happy with the results though!

Last edited:
Soldato
My mates PC has gone up in smoke and he's asked me to look at building him one, just wondering if this deal (or similar) is going to come up again to clear old stock now kaby is with us?

Cheers

Associate
Having a few problems with my set up, I've done the overclock to 4.5 ghz which runs fine, the problem I get is when I shut down pc it doesn't seem to shut down and all the fans and fan lights still work with graphics card lights and motherboard lights still on.
I keep the on button pressed for about 5 seconds and it then turns off.
I turn pc back on again and there never seems to be any problems with my hard drives and goes into windows 10
This doesn't happen all the time and it will switch off.
Any ideas

OcUK Staff
It works fine do nothing don't worry what others are doing. How do u know what they are doing is correct.

Any Windows not shutting down the system is a OS issue. Stuck on post code 04 I presume.

Associate
I finally got some time free to put this build together. Everything was delivered in the package as expected, all wrapped up very well with bubbble wrap, and air pockets.

I have a Corsair 600Q case which is awesome. I have mounted the radiator on the floor pushing air through the radiator in to the case, with an exit fan on the back wall (it's an inverted case, with the PSU at the top)

The whole cooling assembly was very easy to put together.

During the build, I made some dubious choices regarding the order of things, which left me performing nimble finger movements which my large spanner hands are not ideal for.

The CPU block on the cooler had TIM on it, which I scraped off, but I didn't have any cleaner to remove it entirely, so I have a mix of a very thin scraping of whatever that was, along with a very thin scraping of the Thermal Grizzly that came separately. So far my CPU temperature is low enough to suggest it's not a problem, but I haven't started OC'ing it yet, so will find out soon enough.

Stock benchmarks (performance test) suggest that modest improvements have been made: My 2700k which was OC'd scored 4919.8 on the passmark rating. The new 6700k at stock reached 5470.8. Curiously the Memory component of that benchmark actually dropped 21 points from DDR3 to DDR4.

Glad to see it worked first time. I just need to route some cables, and follow the OC'ing process listed above somewhere, and I'm done. Thanks to Overclockers for a great deal, great delivery, and to their staff and the community for this helpful thread.

Back
Top Bottom