8 Pack Can you help, Tweak settins for my memory / uncore ?

OcUK Staff
Here you go 2400 10-12-11-25 1T 1.65v. Board is OC, Bios X02. All subs tuned. Decent perf this one for 2 x 8gb. With this density TRFC takes a hit, but otherwise all are tight. 32K Copy at 4g/4g .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Super Pi run is to show stability, not perf as Windows 7 etc etc not optimized. AIDA shows perf is excellent.

Any questions ask!!!!!!!!

Soldato
OP
thankyou mate,
i will try out those settings later i have a few Q`s though
what system agent and digital io and analog io voltage did you set ?
and do you know what dims this stuff is can more voltage be added to it
i noticed upping the system agent past 1.270v ect that allows you to get lower on the TREF as the system will not boot otherwise though unsure if thats safe....
also your aida64 your using must be old as it shows chipset as unknown lol, could that be the reason why the read and write is low ? there showing as being in the 20k range on read and write, copy is correct but my pictures from running the memory at default are 30k read and 30k write and 30k copy ??? but i have noticed the latency on yoru shots is like 2x lower than what i had.... :D

though could be cause your running uncore @4.0 and cpu @4.0
i will report back with images later on tonight mate. cheers again for the outstanding help.

OcUK Staff
AUTO SA IOD IOA.

Hynix at a guess. Timings look that way. Yeah sure you can add more Voltage to all this memory. Like 1.7-1.75v no problem.

I am running 4ghz mate that is totally the reason. At your OC I would be far, far ahead in all areas. I always test 4ghz when tuning memory as CPU speed effects the AIDA scores a lot so you need uniformity.

Soldato
OP
AUTO SA IOD IOA.

Hynix at a guess. Timings look that way. Yeah sure you can add more Voltage to all this memory. Like 1.7-1.75v no problem.

I am running 4ghz mate that is totally the reason. At your OC I would be far, far ahead in all areas. I always test 4ghz when tuning memory as CPU speed effects the AIDA scores a lot so you need uniformity.

Ah right i see :D
sweet ok mate i will get cracking on the system tonight if not tonight at the weekend when i get a spare few to test properly.....
i will report back and let you know any issue crop ups :D

Soldato
OP
------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mate let me know what you think ? and if there is anything i need to change or tweak more :D i tested your timings and there awesome, no issues at all booted right up and ran a quick memtest86 1 full pass no issues......
here are a few pics..
-------------------------------

nlq5.png

only thing i can notice in this picture is the memory latency is higher than yours
and also the L3 cache latency is higher apart from that good performance :D
-------------------------------

xv70.png

Anything there to tweak more ?

------------------------------------------

Apart from that mate memory is running super fast compared to its own XMP profile :D
p.s i have not tested the memory in the orange slots yet :D there still in the black slots, if i changed to the orange slots i know there more stability slots but i remember you saying about the dazy chain i and Y or what ever its called, im wondering if putting them in the orange slots yealded even more speed ? or is it just a stability thing lol

cheers again m8ty....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hi mate well i i did not have to change it at all, seems the program is detecting that setting incorrectly.

TWR is at 10 in the bios on both channels. :o
I also keyed in round trip latency, on 1 channel it autoed to 43 and on the other channel 44.
i set boht channels to 43 is that correct ?
also anything else i need to check out to get even faster, and what about the orange slots question above :D and also the cpu l3 latency and memory latency is higher....

cheers again bud.

Soldato
OP
f9QRS3M.jpg

new system update ;) new cpu and motherboard.........
same memory..... awesome settings, 8 packs settings still work and work great.

-----------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom