8 Pack "shower head" watercooling

Associate
I recommend everyone watch KitGuru's video of 8 Pack showing his new "shower head" water cooling tech. A genuine new approach and very interesting. Hopefully we will get some more insight from him on this tech when he gets back from Computex on this forum.

Soldato
Interesting idea, get the feeling pricing is going to be higher than current market offerings but if the claims of the blocks keeping upto 10c cooler than others on the market then it may be worth the extra cost.

Associate
It sounds good but in reality what are you going to gain from a few degrees? Any half decent loop will be silent with temps sufficient enough to hit the limit for the cpu overclock lottery?

Soldato
What i just read about this block sounds just like what we've had years ago. What's new?
I've had Danger Den blocks with customised plates.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure my old Switftech had something similar where you chose the shim you wanted and it changed how the water then hit the CPU blocks various parts. Still its good to re-use these things if they work.

Associate
I recommend everyone watch KitGuru's video of 8 Pack showing his new "shower head" water cooling tech. A genuine new approach and very interesting. Hopefully we will get some more insight from him on this tech when he gets back from Computex on this forum.

It isn't his tech at all. It's Nexalus' tech. They're launching into the consumer market via a partnership with CaseKing / OCUK - he's essentially the spokesmodel, if you will, for said product, and helps with testing and feedback based on it.

My main concern is the production quality of these products. Nexalus have a really good reputation, but their commercial stuff isn't for show (consumer stuff will be), and they've not done this kind of packaging before. The products at the show looked like crap in the videos, and several attendees I know confirmed that. They looked to be a very, very long way off production quality (or aesthetics). Caseking reps & 8pack acknowledged that they were non-final and they'd have new packaging soon, and be using top quality stuff ... but also said these were 6-10 weeks out from availability. That's virtually no time at all. If they push that fast - and from what has been said and I've heard they didn't have protos of new packaging and tops in hand before Computex - they're likely to be a disaster.

We've repeatedly seen what AlphaCool's rush-to-market strategies have ended in. Really hope that won't happen here, as the actual cooling tech Nexalus use is potentially very high performance, and could push other incumbents to innovate.

Associate
Very interesting concept, but It will be super expensive and doubtful it will make a massive difference in terms of temp. e.g. ££££ for a couple of degrees cooler...

Also 8pack really needs to work less on his epic arms and more on his presentation skills ;)

Associate
Highly doubt it'll be that expensive, as people simply wouldn't buy it. Particularly if they make the mistake of putting 8-Pack branding on it .. it will be a very tough sell for a lot of people then.

Associate
Highly doubt it'll be that expensive, as people simply wouldn't buy it. Particularly if they make the mistake of putting 8-Pack branding on it .. it will be a very tough sell for a lot of people then.

8-Pack said in the interview that there will be 3 ranges available. The lower range will be priced competitively and outperform other market solutions by a few degrees. The middle range will be more expensive, but with increased performance, and the top-end will be very expensive but offer the highest levels of performance... The cost of the R&D and manufacturing alone will push up the costs, even before you add the margins...

Associate
He didn't say very.

What are you talking about? All products have development and manufacturing costs. Moreover, as I said previously, this isn't something Caseking have contracted Nexalus to develop from scratch. Nexalus had developed these products, and they've partnered with Caseking to bring them to market, during the final part of the development phase.

Also, I highly doubt their manufacturing costs will compare with Watercool or Aquacomputer.

Back
Top Bottom