£80 to fill up!

Permabanned
It used to be £55 a few years ago (TDi mondeo) :eek:

this is killing me as I do 70 miles a day, I'm going to pull all my money out of the bank and stockpile diesel, it's the only thing that is increasing in value as fast as gold.
In my last job I only did 20 miles a day and it cost peanuts to run a car, now it's practically my biggest outgoing.

Meh, just ranting post shock :(

Caporegime
It used to be £55 a few years ago (TDi mondeo) :eek:

this is killing me as I do 70 miles a day, I'm going to pull all my money out of the bank and stockpile diesel, it's the only thing that is increasing in value as fast as gold.
In my last job I only did 20 miles a day and it cost peanuts to run a car, now it's practically my biggest outgoing.

Meh, just ranting post shock :(

My Volvo has an 70 Litre fuel tank.

Assuming you brim it from empty you can get a bit more in (presumably a reserve or something on top) and its £100 to fill up !

Soldato
£76.39 to fill a empty 55l clio 197 tank @ 138.9p with vpower.

The cost difference between regular & vpower per tank is £4.40 where I am.

£4.40 would get me 22 miles easy in the clio, should I start using regular?

Associate
yeah i started a new job just over 6 months ago and went to a 100 mile round trip commute, and taking it easy in the focus (boring 2.0 zetec) i was getting 37mpg so i was filling up at approximately £60 every 3/4 days. that also is only the fuel costs - insurance went stupid when i added the extra mileage, and then there is tyres/servicing, etc. painful. i now train it, £109 for a month's season ticket, plus a tank maybe every 3 weeks to get to the station with free parking. hurts much less, although public transport isn't all that friendly. it's nice to have the time back to myself though as opposed to ploughing up the motorway day in day out. ho hum.

Soldato
I'm now having to consider whether to keep the ST220 or go for something a bit more economical as I'm spending a stupid amount of my income on petrol at the moment.

Was even thinking of getting a diesel :( shudder.....

I know I'd end up spending more money changing cars though as I wouldn't want to downgrade.

Just have to earn more money I guess...... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom