• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£830 budget??

Soldato
They will likely shine better on the cold stuff, I'd honestly expect the normal classy give or take to match the kingpin on air/water.

Kingpin chips are perhaps binned for sub zero (cold bugs and the likes).

Soldato
OP
quote from szeged(oc.net)

"if you are air cooling, save some money and get the normal classy, if you are watercooling with a good waterblock, the kingpin MIGHT come out ever so SLIGHTLY ahead, and not by a lot. But if you want to overclock with a hydro copper block it might not even be worth it under water, hydro copper blocks arent exactly the best for overvolting."

TBH if i did get the standard classified's i wouldn't be too bothered about overvolting etc, it would be more for there looks and backplates

edit:do we know what memory the current 780 classies are using?

Last edited:
Soldato
As of the early batch Elpida incident that got a fair few peoples backs up, ALL Classifieds of a 780/Ti flavour will come with Samsung IC's - this has also been confirmed by EVGA.

Soldato
It may have changed since the arrival of the kpe, I just recall either Jacob or dom saying something along the lines of samsung only on classifieds from now on.

Back
Top Bottom