£850 to spend - how is this configuration..

Associate
missed this tag lol

i would still go with the aftermarket cooler...why?
because less noise is always better :)
@tamzzy do you need to buy fans to go with the one you recommended? Any particular ones you recommend? I agree quite is better!
Hope OP is ok with me asking this here - I am hoping this is useful info for them too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@tamzzy do you need to buy fans to go with the one you recommended? Any particular ones you recommend? I agree quite is better!
Hope OP is ok with me asking this here - I am hoping this is useful info for them too.
no, nothing else is required
case already has 4 rgb fans included

Associate
Would the peerless assassin be a better bet for the cooler if you care about noise? It's not THAT much more expensive but in the gamers nexus review I'm seeing for another cooler it seems to have great performance on their charts. (sorry that will absolutely be my last question in this thread).

Man of Honour
you got a 5700xt lol
that will be the loudest part of the computer, i wouldnt worry about a cpu cooler making more noise than that ;)

Associate
OP
I decided to go over budget by £100 and take some of everything from the above, current/future platform, much better GPU, 32GB DDR5, terrible case, and argumentative on the PSU quality. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin King SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650M-P Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card
Case: Silverstone FARA H1M MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: Gigabyte P750GM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Total: £950.00
It's entirely up to you but you should read again what @tamzzy said about the DDR5, it makes complete sense especially as you're spending a lot of extra money on it.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom