• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700k - did i just win the lottery?

Soldato
Dont have timespy extreme but yea can complete non-extreme bench
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/31094791

Took the OC off the GPU and everything seems fine [email protected]. On Timespy peak max was 85c.

I have also took the offset off altogether so its 0

This is like the original batch, before all the good ones got put aside and sold as 8086. I have a similar chip, you don’t need anywhere near 1.45v as everyone’s been saying, 24/7 you will probably run 5.1 and around 1.35. Mine will run 5.3 or 5.4 at a push for benching.

FYI the crashes in BFV, there are some blaming the GPU but if you monitor when the game loads or maps load it massively spikes the CPU. My long standing happy 5.1 @1.35v blue screens now and then as I see the temps hit 90+ vs the usual 50-60. I’m almost certain this is something causing extreme stress on load, once in the game it’s no problem as temps as normal. If it’s crashing then bump your volts down 1.3v and you should be good, 5.0-5.1 is more than enough for gaming really and still delivering 80-90FPS on RTX Ultra for me using only one of my 2080ti @ 2650x1440 res.

Associate
This is like the original batch, before all the good ones got put aside and sold as 8086. I have a similar chip, you don’t need anywhere near 1.45v as everyone’s been saying, 24/7 you will probably run 5.1 and around 1.35. Mine will run 5.3 or 5.4 at a push for benching.

FYI the crashes in BFV, there are some blaming the GPU but if you monitor when the game loads or maps load it massively spikes the CPU. My long standing happy 5.1 @1.35v blue screens now and then as I see the temps hit 90+ vs the usual 50-60. I’m almost certain this is something causing extreme stress on load, once in the game it’s no problem as temps as normal. If it’s crashing then bump your volts down 1.3v and you should be good, 5.0-5.1 is more than enough for gaming really and still delivering 80-90FPS on RTX Ultra for me using only one of my 2080ti @ 2650x1440 res.
He's only just brought it so might well be old stock or they aren't cherry picking the best 8700k so the 8086 anymore lol.
I was happy with 5ghz but now i want more :(

Associate
Yeah that's a golden chip for sure. I can get 5ghz at 1.4v which i use 24/7 as it's delidded. Max temps are low 60's on a 240mm AIO.
I am looking to delid but do you know any place or anyone that can do the delid for me.. I don't mind paying.. Just not comfortable doing it my self.

Associate
I am looking to delid but do you know any place or anyone that can do the delid for me.. I don't mind paying.. Just not comfortable doing it my self.
Yeah but I don't think I can post on here unfortunately, if you search on Google or something similar then you may find a few people who offer the service.

Associate
Yeah but I don't think I can post on here unfortunately, if you search on Google or something similar then you may find a few people who offer the service.
I have searched can't seem to find anyone who does it.. Usaully they build whole pc but I only got my build like 2 months ago just need pipe redone as not happy with the job they done

Associate
Hi ElBurge yes you have very good chip ;) with proper delid temp should be lower and clock higher.

I was lucky enough with silicon lottery :) and hitting jackpot prize as well :D paid only 330£ for my brand new sealed 8086K

** Competitor image removed **

... done quick and easy delidding using der8auer tool + liquid metal after that running 5.4 GHz 1.48 / 1.5v with custom EK Phoenix 360 AIO :)

Temp hit 64c max ;) usually 54/56c at 5.411 GHz it's stable not only with test bench but hours of gameplay as well.

btw. I can run 5.511 GHz 1.52v but games / benchmarks crashing with that clock after few min.

ps. Good luck with delidding ElBurge

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
nice find on ebay, some people are selling used 7700k's for that price.

Feel sorry for the chip tho may be dead in 1-2 years at that voltage :(

Associate
This clock is more yes I can example :rolleyes: tested with some games and benchmarks.
I usually play with stock clock/vcore ... still provide decent FPS at 4K ;)

etc.

Soldato
... done quick and easy delidding using der8auer tool + liquid metal after that running 5.4 GHz 1.48 / 1.5v with custom EK Phoenix 360 AIO :)

Temp hit 64c max ;) usually 54/56c at 5.411 GHz it's stable not only with test bench but hours of gameplay as well.

btw. I can run 5.511 GHz 1.52v but games / benchmarks crashing with that clock after few min.

ps. Good luck with delidding ElBurge

‘I can run 5.511, except it crashes’. So what you mean is you can’t run it.

That vcore is silly high, most likely you also have AVX offset on bench as those temps don’t match the voltage and clock at all... Don’t expect a great life for that CPU at those volts.

Associate
‘I can run 5.511, except it crashes’. So what you mean is you can’t run it.

That vcore is silly high, most likely you also have AVX offset on bench as those temps don’t match the voltage and clock at all... Don’t expect a great life for that CPU at those volts.
I suppose they mean they can boot into the os with that clock and voltage but any load causes immediate instability.

Soldato
yeah thats a good point is there an AVX offser configured, if its e.g. -2, then in reality you have hit 5.2 ghz at an insane voltage so maybe not that great a chip after all. 5.2 @ 1.35v is a lot more impressive than 5.5(5.2-3) @ 1.5v.

Soldato
I suppose they mean they can boot into the os with that clock and voltage but any load causes immediate instability.

It’s pretty easy to boot OS though isn’t it, especially if you throw so much voltage at it...

yeah thats a good point is there an AVX offser configured, if its e.g. -2, then in reality you have hit 5.2 ghz at an insane voltage so maybe not that great a chip after all. 5.2 @ 1.35v is a lot more impressive than 5.5(5.2-3) @ 1.5v.

Guessing so, not many will do 5.4 and based on the rest of the info I would say bench mark run results or didn’t happen ;)

5.3 @ 1.35v is my good (original batch) 8700k, typically run at 5.1 with 1.3v a pushing 1.5v is pretty high for that cooling so I’d like to see some completed scores with that clock showing ;) It’s probably still ‘good’ as that’s what the 8086 are but it doesn’t really give a true picture to say simply delid and magic happens. With 1.5v nearly and a 360 AIO there is no way it’s sitting at 60c, none.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom