• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K OcUK Stock and Binned Processors

Associate
As we are all aware the 'tock' 8700K processor has come out......Rushed.....Will take a few months to cone out properly.

Are all inbound stock CPU's tested by OCUk and 'binned'? Because I cant seem to find an alternate method? It puts me off of ordering a CPU off of you for this reason.

Associate
OP
Just got my CPU, not able to test until the MB comes in but the packaging and the box itself were squashed as if someone had been jumping on top of it.

I assume it'll be all right but seems like it was handled pretty roughly.

LOL that's a joke. Did you sign for it? If you did then GG, I work all day with delivery from all sorts (DPD, Parcel Force, UPS) and have never seen some thing like that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
what should be the actual UK retail price for the 8700K? Want to get one, in no hurry, but the prices are all over the place.
I think it started at £339 inc VAT. I'm in the same boat as you. People are currently paying nearly £100 over the odds.....Madness imo. Looks like that by the time they are back to normal RRP it's going to be getting close to the release of Ryzen refresh.

Associate
OP
Intel have really ****** me off with this 8700K stunt. I was hoping to have a new pc by now, good job my 3820 is still holding up for the most part. As for my 780Ti......It's currently being propped up by a Fanta bottle so that it makes good contact with the PCIE slot lol.

Back
Top Bottom