8pack Supernova - build log!

Sgarrista
Commissario
1) Completely agree. Unfortunately, we have no stock and there's no ETA on them atm so it was out of my hands at least.

2) Already mentioned about the EK blocks not lining up, all of the other visible tubing runs perfectly vertically.

3) It's not that they're too long, it's the natural curvature of the tubing from being on a roll from production. I've been working on training it straight though ready for shipping.

4) We're looking into that for the refresh Haswell-E systems. 8pack is awesome at overclocking and the build side of things kinda takes a back seat, but now there's more people, including myself, who are hardcore enthusiasts (and perfectionists) having more and more input into systems and some of the ideas being thrown around currently are like no other system out there.

5) The different colour fittings will make sense after the next update. ;)

1) I have 3 sat here on my desk, wanna buy them, £100 each :p

2) No excuses! Check my build ;) https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I4f-iHjoNtY/U1wDKm9KvCI/AAAAAAAAOoQ/jFbiuMZ-7nk/s800/DSCN3309.JPG

3) Ok :)

4) Ok :)

5) Ok :)

Associate
We haven't had chance to test performance yet, the Impact monoblock was a little disappointing and, as Tom said already, it would look a little less interesting.

Really? Most people who reviewed it vs CPU blocks found it performing better for the CPU.

Soldato
Is it true about the 8pack for life with these systems where if you want to upgrade components down the line as long as you buy the components/blocks then you guys will fit, test and overclock them free of charge ??

Associate
OP
Will be very much interested in seeing how this overclocks. I am building with Same CPU and mobo just with XSPC blocks for mobo. Looking great.

Gotta wait for the big guy to come and clock it, haven't seen him around for a couple of days..

Well, you certainly used a lot of angled fittings... :eek:

Really? Most people who reviewed it vs CPU blocks found it performing better for the CPU.

I'll have to see if I can get hold of one for a little play.. :D

Associate
I am sure you guys already know but the Primochill Advanced LRT, while not leaching plasticizers, goes yellow with the loop temps going above 35-40 C. Nothing that could colored tubing or coolant can't hide though!

Associate
OP
I am sure you guys already know but the Primochill Advanced LRT, while not leaching plasticizers, goes yellow with the loop temps going above 35-40 C. Nothing that could colored tubing or coolant can't hide though!

Source?
I haven't heard of that issue, and, tbh, haven't had a loop with coolant reaching those sort of temps before anyway.

Associate
Source?
I haven't heard of that issue, and, tbh, haven't had a loop with coolant reaching those sort of temps before anyway.

Mick from Mayhems can vouch for that, he has seen this too. My own personal experience and that of others on OCN initiated a discussion there.

The exact temp isn't confirmed or anything, but ya most people who were benching at higher volts on CPU/GPU had loop temps go 35 C+ and saw this happen.

Associate
OP
I haven't tried that Shawy, how does it compare to the XSPC equivalent?

A little bit stiffer but so much clearer. You don't realise how frosted looking XSPC tubing is until you compare the two. Obviously, different tastes and systems suit different tubing.

Mick from Mayhems can vouch for that, he has seen this too. My own personal experience and that of others on OCN initiated a discussion there.

The exact temp isn't confirmed or anything, but ya most people who were benching at higher volts on CPU/GPU had loop temps go 35 C+ and saw this happen.

I've seen Mayhems fluids change colour countless times, but never Primoflex tubing.

Associate
I've seen Mayhems fluids change colour countless times, but never Primoflex tubing.

lol ya, but then again I had only run distilled water with a biocide and it still happened. Other people have had it too:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/primochill-tubing-turned-yellow.197300/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club/6650_50#post_22364877

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club/6650_50#post_22364990

Plenty more posts in there. I can post pics of my yellowed tubing if you want but figure this isn't the place to do it so leaving it at that.

Associate
OP
lol ya, but then again I had only run distilled water with a biocide and it still happened. Other people have had it too:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/primochill-tubing-turned-yellow.197300/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club/6650_50#post_22364877

http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club/6650_50#post_22364990

Plenty more posts in there. I can post pics of my yellowed tubing if you want but figure this isn't the place to do it so leaving it at that.

Thanks for the links. I have never seen that happen in the ~8 months I've worked here, or in the 2 systems I've built prior. Seems like there's a bad batch out there somewhere.

Associate
Really nice build, although I do agree that using acrylic tubing makes a massive difference the the ascetics of a build!

Especially when trying to use straight lines.

I wish I could build machines like this for work, rather than having to pay for all the parts myself :D

Last edited:
Associate
Is it true about the 8pack for life with these systems where if you want to upgrade components down the line as long as you buy the components/blocks then you guys will fit, test and overclock them free of charge ??

That would be awesome if true :D

Have to agree about the Primochill tubing, so much better than the XPSC stuff! (having used both in the last week :D) its so much easier to work with

Associate
OP
Really nice build, although I do agree that using acrylic tubing makes a massive difference the the ascetics of a build!

Especially when trying to use straight lines.

I wish I could build machines like this for work, rather than having to pay for all the parts myself :D

I've been asking for an acrylic build for a while now and hopefully all of the requests in this thread will help with that decision. :)

That would be awesome if true :D

Have to agree about the Primochill tubing, so much better than the XPSC stuff! (having used both in the last week :D) its so much easier to work with

Yeah, if someone wants to upgrade to the next gen cards/CPU etc we'll pick up the PC and sort out the installation and overclocking of all the upgrades free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom