8Packs own LAN MATX Gaming rig. Project 8lite Tier!!

Associate
Lovely looking system, I've not really heard much about those Parvum cases before but recently I've seen a couple of watercooled builds in them and they do seem very well suited.

Soldato
This is not a system we ofer as a build but I tyhink we should as an 8Pack system.

Parts alone is £3K+ I think.

I thought it might be a few quid. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with the spare cash, but not the time or skills to build it themselves, that would buy it.

Associate
Nice build for sure!

Any chance we can see round the back? Is that where the Res for the WC is?

Also, for people mentioning the price, this build can easily be made a cheaper, swap the 5960X for a 5820K and drop to 1 980Ti! Still be a beast of a rig and probably around £1000 cheaper.

If your not gaming at 4K one 980Ti does great at 1440p

Associate
8 Pack,

This looks a loverly build and has inspired me to do something similar. I have been looking for a small case that offers expansion (ie one gfx card now and another later down the line).

Do you have any pictures on the rear compartment. I have been look at XSPC twin parallel pump and would be interested to see your layout in the rear compartment. Also in the front compartment do you think there is room to upgrade the 120s to 140s?

Kind regards,

Andy.

Associate
140s no need. 120mm fans so much better so makes very little difference.

I don't have pics if the rear but its very tight fit for single pump.

Thanks for the response 8Pack.

Looking at a lot of the S2.0 systems that are watercooled people seem to fit the Res & Pump in front of the front Rad & Fans. Obstructing the rad, does not seem the best idea, but maybe it is as you say due to very little room.

If I changed the idea of using the XSPC parallel pumps to an EK-XRES 100 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite this may fit better in the rear compartment. I see it is possible to mount the pump to a 120 fan, however as the rear compartment has 80mm fans do you know if it can be mounted to one of these?

Also I could find no information on the depth of space above the MB to top of the case roof. I was looking at the using the EK-CoolStream XE 240 mounted to the front of the case. It would also be nice to use it on the roof a well, the description only says an additional 15mm space above the motherboard. Do you know which radiator would be best to use for this space (XE, PE or SE).

Would you also be able to advise on tubing size? Obviously bigger tubing would take up more room. But looking at all the tubing and fitting sizes I get a bit confused.

As always I appreciate the help, feedback & advise.

Kind regards,

Andy.

Associate
ajcollins80 - I have a EK-DDC 3.2 in my S2.0 and it does not sit in front of the RAD/Fans, but to the side. You get a small area between the RAD, case window and end of GPU to place the vertical pump/res combo which works well.
The issue with the S2.0 is the width of the RADS. I currently have 40mm EKWB PE and while it works, it is tight. I would recommend the 30mm SE to give you more room to work with. I do not believe the width effects performance that much.
I use 13/10mm flex tube and fittings as I prefer the look of the smaller tubes. Because the case is MATX, the tube runs are small, so you get no issues with bends

Back
Top Bottom