9 Years Unbeaten at Home!

Man of Honour
People can use that stat as often as they like, and of course it's true it's an excellent record.

But for me it's just a sign of (warning cliche: ) of the widening gap in football. We rarely if ever used to get sides being unbeaten home or away, even those that became champions but now it's fairly common. We did it all season. Chelsea did it for a few years, it looks like UTD will do it this year at home.

For Maureen Porto did well, but they're the richest club in their country. He then moved to Chelsea and at the time, the same. In Italy he didn't even really have any competition with Milan and Juve essentially out of the title race he had far more mone than those he was 'competing' against. In Spain his only real threat is Barca, and as said above they've yet to visit The Bernabau.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the fact they haven't ****ed up even once at home under Maureen is still pretty impressive, despite being the richest / 'best' team every time.

Associate
OP
Yeah, even the best teams have off days, at home or not. Plus 398 points out of 444 shows it wasn't just defence minded and they didn't just park the bus.

Don't know why I'm defending him though, I don't even like him! :)

Back
Top Bottom