960 pro real or fake ?

Associate
Please take a look at the pic. I am holding up my 960 pro next to a youtube video showing the same drive. Does anyone know why my drive has the sata edge connector and not the same as in the video? Could this be a fake drive ?

287j42u.jpg

Associate
OP
Its weird cause when i look at images of the 960 non have the b and m edge connector and for the life of me i can not get this drive to work. Info regarding the b and m connector suggest this is used for sata drives not NVMe. So confused a little to say the least.

Associate
OP
NVMe and sata m.2 connection confuse me to , all i know i have not seen any video or picture of a 960 pro with a b and m connector , either way its going back.

Associate
OP
Yeah id have to agree with that. Sucks but these things happen. Least its going back now and not driving me mad like it has for the past 2 days trying to get it working. That was a monumental waste of time.

Associate
It's been returned, as new unused by someone then, classic scam that sadly can happen with such lax return policies. :(
Pretty much this as whomever originally purchased it managed to remove the label and place it on an old drive before sending it back and the trained chimps at Amazon returns didn't cotton on to the fact that the drive that was in the box wasn't of the M key variety (unless the package was resealed somehow and the returns section didn't want to break it).

Associate
OP
The box was sealed and the labels are on good enough. If it was not for glancing at the box and seeing the edge connector and questioning and checking i wouldn't have known any better other than it was not working

Soldato
Trouble with things like this is that the person that sent it back will never actually be blamed because whos to say it wasn't the returns guy that did the swap, or the delivery driver. That's the issue

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Amazon would never sell a returned item as new. That's what Warehouse Deals are for. Factory mistake? New variant?

Back
Top Bottom