** 980ti Out Now **

Associate
Grabbed two OcUK versions yesterday , 120 quid saving for what a week extra wait . Think that's banging personally . Sooner chuck my cash at OcUK anyway ... Margins must be relativly thin at this early stage on those in comparison to other Vendors ? Needless to say can't wait .

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Would it be daft to order a non-ref card of the intention is to rip off the cooler and use a water block? Better to just order ref?

Soldato
Would it be daft to order a non-ref card of the intention is to rip off the cooler and use a water block? Better to just order ref?

I think most blocks are designed for reference cards, so you're better off getting the cheapest one you can buy. Non-reference cards usually have their own non-standard proprietary boards.

Associate
Apparently 8th in the queue for the next batch of EVGA ACX cards, but having always gone Gigabyte in the past I am fighting the urge to change it for that G1 card.

The EVGA ACX cards from here are the one's with the backplate yes?

Soldato
Apparently 8th in the queue for the next batch of EVGA ACX cards, but having always gone Gigabyte in the past I am fighting the urge to change it for that G1 card.

The EVGA ACX cards from here are the one's with the backplate yes?

I believe unless you get the "superclocked +" or above, no backplate.

For example, the "superclocked" ACX doesn't come with one.

Associate
Ordered the SC one yeah, that's the thing that's confused me a little as the title just says 'EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0' which on EVGA's website says no backplate unless it has the +

But the picture's of the card say SC+ - backplate.

Hence the bigger temptation to go for the G1 instead.

Soldato
Ordered the SC one yeah, that's the thing that's confused me a little as the title just says 'EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0' which on EVGA's website says no backplate unless it has the +

But the picture's of the card say SC+ - backplate.

Hence the bigger temptation to go for the G1 instead.

Yeh, that's the wrong picture for the card.

I'd be looking at the MSI Gaming as well, cheaper than the G1.

Back
Top Bottom