• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9970 to be twice as powerful as GTX 780/Titan ???

Associate
hmmm, 4870 -> 5870 things got doubled on the shader count front so its not impossible. But still I'll wait for something from VideoCardz.com as they are pretty spot on most of the time.

Permabanned
should have added my friend now owns my old 5850 and i7 920@4ghz and cant "max" any of those games. I'm sorry if that sounds picky its just a pet peeve of mine. I ran a single 5850 for a while when it was out and I couldnt run everything at max even then which was what,2?, 3 years ago?

Associate
In my opinion the specs for a 20nm GPU like that are perfectly believable whereas the release date isn't. Surely if this were to launch it would be in early 2014 at the earliest?

Surely with it being a newer architecture the shaders would be more efficient than the old ones, therefor the actual floating point power of the card would be higher than mentioned?

Also I don't see them using a 512Bit bus, that's added complication and manufacturing costs, besides the fact that a 5GHz ram speed seems a little on the low side compared to what we've seen from more recent graphics cards.

Soldato
In my opinion the specs for a 20nm GPU like that are perfectly believable whereas the release date isn't. Surely if this were to launch it would be in early 2014 at the earliest?

Surely with it being a newer architecture the shaders would be more efficient than the old ones, therefor the actual floating point power of the card would be higher than mentioned?

Also I don't see them using a 512Bit bus, that's added complication and manufacturing costs, besides the fact that a 5GHz ram speed seems a little on the low side compared to what we've seen from more recent graphics cards.

It's fake. Popular opinion is that it will be 28nm and obviously not a 512bit bus, because AMD are not crazy and this is not 2004.

Caporegime
Well ok, everything at Max other than Anti-alisasing then, I always knock that down to FSAA or one of the less intensive AA solutions.

Not played Last Light to be honest but I played Tomb Raider with everything high (other than A/A) and Tress FX at about 40 fps.

Associate
I don't have any doubt the new cards are coming :) I just I don't expect them to be as powerful as the rumours say so. If the 9970 is near are slightly above the 780 with a lower price and a good Never Settle Bundle then I'll be on board.

Soldato

5GHz + 512bit would be basically the same as 10GHz on a 256bit bus. Not saying that its legit, just that the fake ram speed makes sense given the fake bus width.

Man of Honour
I never believe any rumours about AMD graphics cards. They generally keep the information leaks to a minimum.

I don't believe any rumours about NVidia cards either.

All the BS written about the Titan before it was launched was unreal. Yes the Titans are quick but nowhere near most of the claims that were made about them.

We should have a sticky at the top of this forum where all the sites that publish this BS are named and shamed.

Back
Top Bottom