A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Just had a couple of great rounds as Commander on the =50k= City Map server, the vehicle drops come in very handy for taking out attack helis that are just taking off :D

Associate
I really dislike that tatic and I hope it gets taken out in future, its not supposed to be used like that.
Fair enough your just having fun but in the long term, dropping of vehicles needs to scaled back some. I think it was just introduced to speed up the game a bit. Walking across the map for 5 minutes and dying sucks.

Maybe they could do away with the pinpoint accuracy, it should only drop in the rough area of a flag allready under your control

Soldato
Infinity said:
I really dislike that tatic and I hope it gets taken out in future, its not supposed to be used like that.
Fair enough your just having fun but in the long term, dropping of vehicles needs to scaled back some. I think it was just introduced to speed up the game a bit. Walking across the map for 5 minutes and dying sucks.

Maybe they could do away with the pinpoint accuracy, it should only drop in the rough area of a flag allready under your control

Yeah, it was a laugh but I do agree they need to sort it out, I imagine the heli pilot was getting pretty annoyed :p

I was dropping them when I saw lone infantry half way across the map or someone called for one, removing the pinpoint accuracy would probably sort it, they come down so fast and accurately that taking out even a moving heli is fairly easy.

Associate
I oficially hate EA.

I thought I'd go on for a few rounds on my fave server. Waited for ages for a space to open up. Joined then as soon as I joined the game properly it crashed to desktop. :mad: :mad:

Then I loaded it back up and waited for another slot on the server, got in and had nothing but connection probs. 90% of the round was me just standing there like a lemon because of my connection. Then when the round was over I joined the game again and thought the connection problems would be ok. But I was wrong, I had connection problems for ages then got ******* booted off. :mad: :mad:

I'm going to get rid of this ****** game soon, it's getting stupid.

What makes is worse is that the connection problems almost always happen when there's someone shooting at me, so I must (To them) be running to hide then just randomly stop and stand there like a complete idiot. :mad:

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Please don't do that :( It really ruins the game.

It's pretty much the same as arty but quicker and less destructive to the general area.

I can see how it can get annoying, but artillery falling on you when you've just walked half way across the map, laser guided missiles being pretty much unstoppable against vehicles and tv-guided missiles coming from nowhere are equally annoying and all are legitimate ways to take out a target.

Caporegime
Phil99 said:
It's pretty much the same as arty but quicker and less destructive to the general area.

I can see how it can get annoying, but artillery falling on you when you've just walked half way across the map, laser guided missiles being pretty much unstoppable against vehicles and tv-guided missiles coming from nowhere are equally annoying and all are legitimate ways to take out a target.

Its the whole dropping vehicales on helipads and runways that is annoying though, you basically stop use of all air vehicles in the game.

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Its the whole dropping vehicales on helipads and runways that is annoying though, you basically stop use of all air vehicles in the game.

Isn't that part of the Commander's job to assist the team and neutralise threats though? ;)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Had some great games lately and have been playing loads. Am on a promotion drive at the mo i want my Captain.
I got 240 points earlier as commander. I got 120 which was doubled. :cool:
I love BF2 from day one to this day it still owns all.

Associate
After the 1.3 patch, I can't seem to even log onto BF2.

I can log onto the Default account - but when I try my online account, it instantly causes the game to go "not responding".

I've tried about 5 times with no luck.

Any ideas how to solve this?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Those with problems should download the Full 1.3 patch from a reputable source and patch over the top.
Once done go onto an empty server and let it optimize shaders then quit.
Then delete all your cache files. Then select video options and set it up as you want then join a server and let it optimize again.
Then quit and do a system clean up then a defrag.

BE AWARE that those who patched will have a changed resolution.
Configure properly and ONLY ONCE.

Best of luck.

Soldato
ferret face said:
Cheers,

but everything was fine before the patch.

I cant join a squad when i am alive, i click join and nothing happens....is it a bug??

once left a squad it usually takes me a while before i can join another, but i try 5 minutes later and im fine.
although the otherday, i locked a squad, in which me and my mate was in, for some bizzare reson i got kicked from it, then my mate couldnt even leave the squad! :eek: lol.
Havent played today though, not in the mood

Associate
I've been having a few CTDs and bad lag since the patch, I never had any problems before.

But on a different note, another thing EA have done with the 1.3 patch is disable all unlocks on unranked servers. It might not sound like much, but nearly all clan matches are fought on unranked servers. no one can use their unlocks, which might sound like it evens the playing field, but most people in clans have got plenty of unlocks, and prefer using them than the standard weapons. It's a right bugger for me as I always use the unlocks when playing on normal servers, so in clan matches I have to play with a gun I'm not used to.

There is NO reason for EA to have removed the unlocks. It is just another shot in the face to clans, who have also had the squad leader spawning messed up. Do they not want people to play in clans or something? Playing in clans is the best way to play BF2 how it was meant to be played (proper squadwork and commanding etc.), but EA just want to ruin it for everyone :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom