A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
PanMaster said:
Almost all the time "There is a problem with your connection" pops up and its infuriating as its promptly followed by a disconnect despite me having a static IP and it being possible to reconnect later manually with the server keeping my score.

This is usually a server crash or hang. I never bother to reconnect so i dont know if my score sticks.

Associate
tonyyeb said:
Are you at Patch 1.3? Since going to 1.3 i haven't seen one go through a tank/apc/heli. It was claimed it solved most instances of AT missiles going through vehicles.

Yeh, it happened to me the other day. Saw a Vodnik full of people and though to myself "monster kill :D " shot an AT rocket at it and it went straight through :mad:

Soldato
Siders77 said:
Yeh, it happened to me the other day. Saw a Vodnik full of people and though to myself "monster kill :D " shot an AT rocket at it and it went straight through :mad:

Odd. As i say it hasn't happened to me since 1.3. I sometimes have my rockets disappear if get killed just as my rocket is about to hit someone/thing.

Associate
PanMaster said:
I have 2 problems. Sometimes a message comes up saying PunkBuster has detected your client has been modified but I have no mods. Almost all the time "There is a problem with your connection" pops up and its infuriating as its promptly followed by a disconnect despite me having a static IP and it being possible to reconnect later manually with the server keeping my score. Over one session this message appeared over 40 times and BF2 crashes back to the desktop 8 times when I clicked "Join game". Its a good bet patch 1.4 won't list these as problems and certainly won't fix them.

I have had the same happen to me to connection error messages & running from bad guys or vehicles try to go through hole in fence or onto ladder. Only to end up facing the wrong way or facing a wall just to the side of were i intended to go through.
At 1st i thought it was my ping causing lag. However when i checked by holding the tab button down my ping was under 60 ! ! ! :confused:

Also when i have hit the Join button i have been chucked back to the desk top.
Most annoying :mad:

Soldato
tonyyeb said:
They just need to add some random wind to sort that out. You shouldn't be able to drop a car from a plane (i presume) to within an inch!

Yes seems obvious to me but programmers dont think like that generally, just like guns that arent 100% accurate everytime was also an afterthought.

The netcode on BF2 is pretty laggy and its most obvious playing as infantary on maps like karkland. Its never clean cut like CSS can be.

60 ping isnt particularly low but what your describing seems like packet loss almost, actions taken that the server does not acknowledge hence your position being reset several seconds later. If your connection is ok, maybe its the server or does it always happen on every server ?

Dont forget to check your not using the lan netcode, under general settings.

You could also try using a program like netlimiter to check how your bandwidth is looking while you play. A maxed out upload might cause this.

You should also aim to play on servers where everyone else ping is similar to yours, the server wont cope well with co-ordinating any great differences

Associate
Does anyone else have an issue where BF2 wont start when Crossfire is active? ive got the latest drivers but it just doesnt run.. works fine when I disable crossfire. :/ Not having trouble with other games.

Soldato
Tysonator said:
Also when i have hit the Join button i have been chucked back to the desk top.
Most annoying :mad:

thats a common problem, press the 'Esc' key and not 'Join' , it doesnt crash to desktop that way, wait a sec or two then press esc again.

Associate
Would someone be prepared to play Special Forces using my account so i can have the weapon upgrades?

I know it's a bit cheeky but, I'm tired of getting killed with guns i can't use (L96A1 in paticular!).

I don't expect a freebie. £5 paypal to cover your time!

Thank you please :)

Soldato
This is beginning to bug me, but does anyone get a slight performance drop when switching from Hardware/High to X-Fi/Ultra High in the audio options?

I'm using the x-fi xtreme music card.

Back
Top Bottom