1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Case for trading standards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boycie, 4 May 2006.

1. Boycie

Wise Guy

Hey guys,

If as a customer you are abused and insulted by one of a businesses employees can you report them to trading standards? reason i ask is because i am having problems with a web hosting company and when i explained the problem to one of its 'technicians' they said and i quote that i was talking "*********"

So can i report them to trading standards or shouls i report them to someone else for poor quality of customer service, bearing in mind that I have had numerous other problems with this company in the past year?

Thanks

2. Mat

Capodecina

Did you get their name? If so get in touch with the dept manager.

3. Boycie

Wise Guy

I spoke to their manager and they didnt seem to give a damn, didnt get a proper apology or anything.

4. Mat

Capodecina

I cant image trading standards would be able to do much (although I might be wrong). I'm guessing that they would contact the manager too and seeing as they already dont give a hoot doubt much would come of it...

5. Rotty

Don

nothing to do with trading standards unless they are is breach of a contract , if the management of the company don't want to know then all you can do is take your business elsewhere

6. Boycie

Wise Guy

thanks i might just do that. :)

7. Al Vallario

Mobster

Make backups, cancel your account and get a new host. Filing a complaint with Trading Standards over abusive behaviour from a web host is paramount to reporting a cashier at your local supermarket for being a bit grumpy and refusing to give you the stated 20% discount on your bananas. I'm willing to bet Trading Standards won't care, they won't follow it up and even if they did, what do you expect them to do? Give the host a slap on the wrist?

Of course if you're talking about a registered, well known company (and I can't think of many hosts which fit these criteria enough to report them to Trading Standards) it's worth reporting it, but don't expect much to come of it.

av. :)

8. axe

Banned

As said above no point reporting them just take your service else where and bring down there server Mwahahaha