A Plague Tale: Innocence

Soldato
I couldn't find a thread for this, and it's out in a few days. So.... voila.

Anyway, it looks like a mix of stealth and puzzle solving, set in a gruesome rat-infested France during the 100 Years War. I'm not convinced the gameplay will be all that challenging, but the visuals are great and it's also quite a macabre setting, with victims of both the plague and Inquisition littering the streets overrun with rats.

It's most definitely going to be a story-focused, linear, SP experience, but I'm totally onboard with that. It's out on PC (and consoles) on the 14th of May.

Associate
Game is Awesome I just read about it today.
First things first ,game is blurry as hell and no ultra widescreen but here's the fix and a video.I also used reshade for clarity since Nvidia freestyle not working in the game.

50 On The FLy Reshades for any game
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiySRX2pnJQZMwa_IL4lbrAbLR7GWN9R/view?usp=sharing

Ultra Widescreen Fix for 21:9
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=33144

A Plague Tale: Innocence is an amazing game which sadly doesn't support Ultrawide (neither Gameplay nor Cutscenes).

You can easily fix this by Hex Editing the Game and changing all 39 8E E3 3F Hex Values with 8E E3 18 40 Hex Values (for 3440x1440; 26 B4 17 40 [instead of 8E E3 18 40] for 2560x1080; 9A 99 19 40 [instead of 8E E3 18 40] for 3840x1600).
Now you can enjoy both Gameplay and Cutscenes (aswell as the HUD) in 21:9 (even the Main Menu works).

Sometimes the transition between Loading Screen and Cutscene glitches out with red bars on the side but it shouldn't be too worrying (since it lasts only for the duration of the Loading Screen).

If you don't know how to Hex Edit:
Just download HxD -- Open HxD -- Press Control O -- Choose the Game's Exe (''APlagueTaleInnocence_x64'' in steamapps/common/APlagueTaleInnocence) -- Press Control R --Go to Hex Values (on top) --Search for 39 8E E3 3F and change it with 8E E3 18 40 --Activate Search direction all -- Press Change everything (bottom middle) -- (should change two values) Now go to the top left and save it where the normal exe is, changing it with the old one. If you have problems just repair the Game via Steam.

Blurry Screen Fix Open with text editor enginesettings

C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\A Plague Tale Innocence\enginesettings

Change setting 0 off/1 on .After you make changes ,right click on enginesettings ,go to properties and set as read only.

{DOF
Enabled 0
Quality 3
}
{MotionBlur
Enabled 0
Quality 3
}
{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 1
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 0

Soldato
Ooh, hadn't even heard of this until I spotted it on steam today. Think I'll hold off for it to drop as sounds like its quite short, but looks really good.

Associate
The game itself is not bad, the graphic, sound effects, soundtracks, voice acting, story, location design all very good.
The only drawback is that there is not much to do in the game, there are several skills but it feels kinda repetitive to me.
It was quite fun with Hugo in the late chapters.

Soldato
Any people here care to share your thoughts? The steam reviews are excellent...but still not convinced.

I am up to chapter 5 so far, and loving it. The game itself I suppose it quite simple in some ways, but it works really well, the gameplay mechanics, graphics, immersion and story is fantastic, really engaging and wants you to play more!

What is putting you off?

Soldato
I thought I'd bounce this, as it recently arrived on XBox Game pass for PC as it deserves more recognition.

It's not my typical game, I'd never have bought it if not for the pass - but it's a very, very well delivered game. Graphics (lighting especially) look fantastic, the story is intriguing and gives enough to keep you invested and wanting to see what happens next. The actual stealth/combat is fairly basic, but I'm more about the story/characters these days so it suited me down to the ground.

Easily a 9/10 for me. 12 hours well spent.

Soldato
I thought I'd bounce this, as it recently arrived on XBox Game pass for PC as it deserves more recognition.

It's not my typical game, I'd never have bought it if not for the pass - but it's a very, very well delivered game. Graphics (lighting especially) look fantastic, the story is intriguing and gives enough to keep you invested and wanting to see what happens next. The actual stealth/combat is fairly basic, but I'm more about the story/characters these days so it suited me down to the ground.

Easily a 9/10 for me. 12 hours well spent.

Yeah completely agree, I'm really enjoying it.

As I commented above back in May, I figured I'd wait for a price drop as it was a fairly short game, so was happy to see it appear on gamepass.

Gameplay is fairly basic as you say, but the story, characters and atmosphere are all great.

Probably one to avoid if you have any kind of rat phobia though. :)

Back
Top Bottom