** A VERY SPECIAL NEW MONITOR AND PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Iiyama have released quite frankly another gorgeous monitor and were doing a pre-order ONLY special price on it, stock is due early next week, get your wallets out:-

Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS-S 27" AH-IPS Professional Widescreen LED Monitor - Silver/Black @ £419.99 inc VAT

MO-109-IY_400.jpg

Featuring WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, the XB2779QS can display almost 77% more information on the screen than a Full HD display. Users can create their own workspace by displaying and manipulating multiple applications at the same time. The AH-IPS matrix guarantees high performance with accurate and consistent colour reproduction, wide viewing angles and a fast response time. An array of inputs including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and VGA connections ensures compatibility across a wide range of mulitimedia devices. The XB2779QS is perfect for demanding users who settle only for the best specifications and modern design.

With true WQHD 2560 x 1440p resolution your monitor is ready to display high definition images. This means you can accommodate more information on your screen, i.e. over 76% more in comparison to a 1920 x 1080 monitor.

The AH-IPS panel technology guarantees consistent colour reproduction with wide viewing angles and high contrast and therefore it is especially recommended for graphics design and other applications which require colours to be displayed accurately. The response time of the panel allows for smooth playback while watching films and playing games, making the IPS the best all-round technology suitable for both business and home use.

A typical CCFL LCD uses four backlight lamps. Using LED diodes considerably lowers the power consumption and reduces the CO2 emission into the environment making this LCD a true ECO-Friendly product.

Contrast Ratio is a measurement of the difference between the darkest black and the brightest white your monitor can display. Advanced Contrast Ratio is a feature that automatically adjusts contrast and brightness of the screen to assure perfect picture quality while watching films and playing games.

HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface. Much smaller and more convenient than DVI, HDMI also has the significant advantage over DVI that it supports audio as well as video signals.

A Height Adjustable Stand allows you to set the perfect position of the screen ensuring ergonomic posture and optimal viewing comfort which benefits not only your health but also productivity.

Specification:-
- Diagonal: 27"
- Panel: AH-IPS LED-backlit
- Display area h x w 335.7 x 596.7 mm; 13.2" x 23.5"
- Response time: 5 ms
- Contrast: 1000:1 typical
- Contrast: 5000000:1 ACR
- Brightness: 350 cd/m² default, 440 cd/m² typical
- Viewing zone: horizontal/vertical: 178°/ 178°; right/left: 89°/ 89°; up/down: 89°/ 89°
- Display colour: 16.77 million
- Pixel pitch: h x v 0.233 x 0.233 mm
- Native resolution: 2560 x 1440 ( 3.7 megapixel)
- Horizontal sync 30 - 80 KHz
- Vertical sync 55 - 75 Hz
- Synchronization Separate Sync
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Colour range: AdobeRGB: 86%, sRGB: 116%, 82% (NTSC)
- Connections: VGA, DVI-D, HDMI & DisplayPort
- HDCP: Yes
- Dimensions: w x h x d 650 x 435.5 (564.5) x 230 mm
- Weight: 8.2 kg
- Warranty: 3yr

Was [£479.99] Inc. VAT

Only £419.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
That is a nice looking monitor, very Apple-esque. I would be interested to hear what panel it is using. Is it the same as the XB2776QS by any chance?

Badass - are you about to lend us your insight?

Soldato
Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS-S 27" AH-IPS Professional Widescreen LED Monitor
These below were all developed by Hitachi

Super TFT (IPS) - 1996 Wide viewing angle 100/100 Base level Most panels also support true 8-bit per channel color. These improvements came at the cost of a slower response time, initially about 50 ms. IPS panels were also extremely expensive.

Super-IPS (S-IPS) - 1998 has all the benefits of IPS technology with the addition of improved pixel refresh timing.

Advanced Super-IPS (AS-IPS) - 2002 Improves substantially on the contrast ratio of traditional S-IPS panels to the point where they are second only to some S-PVAs.

IPS-Provectus (IPS-Pro) - 2004 The latest panel from IPS Alpha Technology with a wider color gamut and contrast ratio matching PVA and ASV displays without off-angle glowing.

IPS alpha (IPS-Pro) - 2008 High contrast ratio Next generation of IPS-Pro

IPS alpha next gen (IPS-Pro) - 2010 High contrast ratio Technology transfer from Hitachi to Panasonic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These below were all developed by LG

Horizontal IPS (H-IPS) - 2007 Improves contrast ratio by twisting electrode plane layout. Also introduces an optional Advanced True White polarizing film from NEC, to make white look more natural. This is used in professional/photography LCDs.

Enhanced IPS (E-IPS) - 2009 Wider aperture for light transmission, enabling the use of lower-power, cheaper backlights. Improves diagonal viewing angle and further reduce response time to 5ms.

Professional IPS (P-IPS) - 2010 Offer 1.07 billion colours. More possible orientations per sub-pixel (1024 as opposed to 256) and produces a better true colour depth.

Advanced High Performance IPS (AH-IPS) - 2011 Improved colour accuracy, increased resolution and PPI, and greater light transmission for lower power consumption
Link >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin-film-transistor_liquid-crystal_display

Soldato
Thanks but isn't that just the broad technology it is using. Within those there are a number a panel models and revisions all with different levels of performance.

Soldato
IT Troll said:
Thanks but isn't that just the broad technology it is using. Within those there are a number a panel models and revisions all with different levels of performance.
Not sure, I'm interested in this screen to, would be good to know.

I wonder if their is much difference between this panel and one using a Samsung PLS panel?

At least I can attach this to my wall, not like the Samsung 970 screen.

Not sure if this has a glossy screen? If so that counts me out, want a matt finish screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
IT Troll said:
Looks like it is glass fronted to me.
Yeah, I read somewhere not long after that it's glass fronted. I tried one of the Samsung 23" S23A700D 120Hz screens around a year or so ago, and I just could not get used to it.

All my previous screens have been matt.

Man of Honour
given the spec it looks like it's using the LM270WQ1 panel from LG.Display, one of the many varients of that.

note: It's not a wide gamut backlight unit, and is using W-LED so those colour gamut figures are slightly misleading from Iiyama i expect. Looks like they've based them on CIE 1976 as opposed to CIE 1981, a "trick" also used by others like Dell. more commonly used gamut figures would be 72% NTSC (standard gamut, sRGB coverage basically) In fact the Q1 panel offers 77% NTSC, 77.2% Adobe RGB and 99.9% sRGB. If it were using a modern GB-LED backlight to offer a wide gamut it would cover 104% NTSC (and 99% Adobe RGB) for reference.

Soldato
Been using mine for about 2 weeks, really nice monitor. It looks very similar to my iMac screen. :)

Any pictures Elric?

How does it compare display wise in terms of looks to an iMac screen?

I'm tempted, but £100 more than the DGM I'm trying to work out if that extra is justifiable.

Associate
Compared to my iMac 2010 screen, it's a little brighter but that could be my mac screen getting on a bit... if I raise the monitor to the same height as the iMac, they are *very* similar looking.

• The base is sturdy, with good height and angle adjust.
  • The glossy panel at the front will always be a love / hate thing for some but I have no issue with it.
  • Colours are rich and vibrant, for me it's easily as good as my Mac screen.
I've done a lot of gaming on it recently in addition to doing the usual web / office work stuff and it's a great all rounder. I was a little concerned coming from 120hz (BenQ XL2420T) but I really disliked the BenQ for the colours. I've not seen / felt much of a difference going from 120 -> 60 Hz but then I didn't really find going to 120Hz that much of a revelation anyway.

I'll see what I can do with some pics soon. :)

Soldato
Compared to my iMac 2010 screen, it's a little brighter but that could be my mac screen getting on a bit... if I raise the monitor to the same height as the iMac, they are *very* similar looking.

• The base is sturdy, with good height and angle adjust.
  • The glossy panel at the front will always be a love / hate thing for some but I have no issue with it.
  • Colours are rich and vibrant, for me it's easily as good as my Mac screen.
I've done a lot of gaming on it recently in addition to doing the usual web / office work stuff and it's a great all rounder. I was a little concerned coming from 120hz (BenQ XL2420T) but I really disliked the BenQ for the colours. I've not seen / felt much of a difference going from 120 -> 60 Hz but then I didn't really find going to 120Hz that much of a revelation anyway.

I'll see what I can do with some pics soon. :)

Thank you :) Look forward to seeing some pics :cool:

Back
Top Bottom