1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A wild swimming pool appears!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [FnG]magnolia, Dec 3, 2011.

1. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

They arrive home in the late afternoon, the devastating sunshine of midday now tempering to a warm glow. It’s bright, almost too bright. He shields his eyes as he parks the car in the drive, the gate behind them closing smoothly. She says something and the daughter responds; he remains quiet. It’s been a very long day. He gets out of the car and is about to search for his door keys when something catches his eyes. Something glinting, reflecting the sun. He stops, mentions something to his wife and heads to the back garden. The shape begins to take form. It can’t be, can it?

“That magnificent *******,” he breathes, taking in the view. “He did it.”

He walks over to the pool. It’s almost Olympic size, he guesses, and the ceramic tiling is exquisite. He runs his hand over an edge, enjoying the mirror-like feel it has. He dips a finger into the deep, clear blue. Raises it. Holds it up to the light before bringing it to his lips and licking it. “Water!” he exclaims. “Clever. Very clever. He’s thought of everything.”

There are pipes and filters and an assortment of other things he doesn’t recognise. He nods his head sagely. “Stuff,” he says, “that does things, no doubt. Almost certainly. Wouldn’t surprise me. Not one bit.”

He suddenly realises he should take a picture, perhaps more than one. The thought just appears and it doesn’t feel uncomfortable or out of place. “Woman!” he calls and the wife looks up from the kitchen. “Prepare the camera!” he orders. She nods, muttering something but he can’t hear it. It was probably thanks, he thinks, considering. Gratitude for his foresight to capture this vision before it – God please, no! – disappears.

“I should put more water in it!” he thinks suddenly. He ambles over to the hosepipe, eyeing it suspiciously – it’s caught him out more than once but he’s ready this time.

“Come at me ho,” he whispers.

TO BE CONTINUED.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. Klo

Mobster

Post moar!!

3. Judgeneo

Capodecina

4. Bennie-Mac

Capodecina

Above ground pool peasant.

Sent from my 2 bedroom apartment

5. Rameses

Sgarrista

Olympic size you say? ceramic tiles you say?

I see a inflatable pool, but a quality looking inflatable pool. :p

6. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

TL;DR NEED. DO.

STUFF

7. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

The tiles and the light. Tiles and light. It's mesmerising, he decides, an intricate chessboard of blue and white. The tiles reflect the light, making it dance and bounce, this way and that, like a glitterball really, and he's so overcome he has to sit down to gather his thoughts.

The hose plan had been a good one. So far, it had been pumping for over two hours but, he supposed, an Olympic sized pool requires an Olympian effort to fill. He nods, congratulating himself on his clever words, noting them down for future swimming-pool anecdotal use. Bound to be useful, he ponders, nodding knowingly.

"Now," he says out loud (although there is no one there, the women having retired for a snooze, to rest their heads and dream of waterfalls and swimming pools), "we must populate our pool!"

Nothing happens.

He sighs wearily, knowing he must wait for the ladyfolk to rise from their slumber. "Soon," he thinks. "Soon."

The hosepipe continues to gush, filling the pool, and he eyes it, equal to equal. "Well done," he says, "Very good, supreme effort." The hosepipe says nothing but he knows it heard him.

[​IMG]

TO BE CONTINUED.

8. jmc007

Mobster

This is how you write interestingly Ewaf.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  9. EVH

Don

Don't make me post pictures of a real pool :p

10. SMN

Wise Guy

Ah, how "edgey"....

11. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

You misspelt edgy.

12. SMN

Wise Guy

...and yet, the world didn't implode. Funny that.

13. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I don't think anyone had expected it to. Sadly, it did somewhat diminish your attempt to deride the OP's posts.

14. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

"I don't want to," she says. She's angry but he thinks he can turn this round.

"But darling, think of the internet. What if I composed a shot that had not one but both of our compost bins in it?" he asks, grinning amiably.

"That would be ... terrible," she says but shrugs, laughing lightly and asks where she should stand, pretending to take direction. He plays along.

"Right a bit, right a bit ... hold on ... left a wee bit ... stop!" he says. "Perfect!"

The camera clicks.

[​IMG]

"Ok, let's have another on - oh MY GOD, what the hell is going on? Quick, run! MOVE! Get out of the way, it's going to - oh Jesus oh God oh God oh God what the hell is happening here I -"

The gaping maw of the blue and white light opens once and it's everywhere, in all places at all times. The sun disappears (DISAPPEAR HERE he thinks but can't remember where that came from) yet there is light everywhere, bouncing, reflecting, dazzling the senses. It's the force, not the light, that knocks him to the ground and when eventually he can open his eyes she is gone.

The pool remains, placid, serene. Blue and white.

[​IMG]

He thinks the pool looks bloated, full. "Oh God, what do I do now?" he thinks. "And who is going to make me a sandwich?"

TO BE CONTINUED

15. GJM

Gangster

Enthralled

16. h00fzilla

Hitman

*awaits introduction of step ladder*

17. Cosimo

Man of Honour

Waits for diving board pictures.

18. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Wait, is this the London 2012 construction blog? I can't wait to see how you build the velodrome.

19. Arnie

Banned

Cannonball it tbh.

20. SeatIbiza

Hitman

I bought one of these for my parents place in france.

The "pump" is beyond a joke on them. It needs to be 10 times moar power but I guess they're not for kiddy safety.

The best thing we did was 5 of us in there and run around the edge as fast as you can...for about 30 seconds. Then sit down :)