• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A12-9800 The new budget overclocking champion?

I've linked A12-9800 running at 4898.86 MHz. Id imagine this is one of the first Bristol Ridge chips off the production line running this speed on air. Bristol Ridge will be priced at FM2 levels so we are looking at a very promising enthusiast chip with a great upgrade path.

I'm not sure what to think of the benchmarks because nobody has done any that can be verified yet. All I can tell from what I've seen is even the very early Bristol Ridge chips overclock well.

Another interesting aspect to Bristol Ridge is the 37% increased GPU performance. That and a FreeSync monitor pretty much kills a big chunk of the graphics card market.

Clock for clock it's 10% over kaveri in most apps and real world usage.
But it's also 6-8% below a kaveri in gaming due to the l2 cache size.
The hdmi2 and h.265 would have been amazing, almost 2 years ago when it launched.
Be nice if bristol ridge can hopefully be replaced by raven ridge on am4.

But theres no hype for this apu, which has been mia on desktop for way too long.
When in that time they coukd have spun off the old 28nm onto the gf14nm.

Martini your still on the ignore list. I can't read any more of your nonsense.

Is that the same list I am on for presumably on for using facts and logic to counter your often baseless claims? ;)

Nice to see your still sensible and balanced in your posts and not at all steaming ahead full speed on the AMD hype train before we see some actual retail benchmarks......

P.s still waiting to hear more about your i7 'ruining' 2500K setup..... must be one hell of a chip.... and rig to go with it to back up your claims..... because I'm sure we wouldn't have any ridiculous hyperbole on a sub forum in the hardware section of OcUK's forums now would we????

I've got a 2500K system that will ruin most i7's.

Last edited:
Is that the same list I am on for presumably on for using facts and logic to counter your often baseless claims? ;)

Nice to see your still sensible and balanced in your posts and not at all steaming ahead full speed on the AMD hype train before we see some actual retail benchmarks......

Would those be the claims that only exist in your head?

Would those be the claims that only exist in your head?

Claims like your i7 'ruining' 2500K?

Yeah just in my head......

and back in reality my posts often contain extensive referenced fact and explained methodology.......

Back on topic its nice to see that heavily overclocked AMD cpu's are still trading blows with Intel i3's at stock by the looks of the charts in the previously posted link...

Last edited:
Claims like your i7 'ruining' 2500K?

Yeah just in my head......

and back in reality my posts often contain extensive referenced fact and explained methodology.......

On smack? You mean my 2500k at 5.5/6Ghz. Yeah it'll ruinin most i7s

Last edited:
You mean my 2500k at 5.5/6Ghz. Yeah it'll ruinin most i7s

You have a 2500k that can run games/ apps stably at 5.5-6Ghz?

Whose taking recreational drugs now?

Please lets see some benchies!!!

If it can hit 6Ghz you should be in the hall of fame!

Record on HWBOT is just over 6Ghz for a 2500k under LN2... I'm assuming yours hits those sorts of frequencies on air or water-cooling? Because outside of competitions there would be little point boasting about a 2500K that can hit 5.5-6Ghz unless its stable for general use 24/7???

Last edited:
Attacks? All in your head again.

Suggesting someone is 'on smack' is ATTACKING their character by being critical of a supposed personal attribute!

Perhaps a refresher session for the English language is in order?

attack
əˈtak/
verb

1. take aggressive military action against (a place or enemy forces) with weapons or armed force.

2. criticize or oppose fiercely and publicly.

Anyway back you your wonder 2500K... given the HWBOT record was with a single 4Gb memory module by the looks of things I would be interested to hear what memory config and system setting you have for your wonder chip?

Any progress with those benchies yet?

Last edited:
No. An attack is what your doing. Or trying to do. You know full well the CPU is faster than most i7's. So... anything else I can help you with?

Back
Top Bottom