A8R32-MVP what is it

Soldato
Yeah I would be interested to know what Vcore options it has (I think they still limit it to the cpu type :() and if it has a steady voltage on vcore, the A8R current model fluctuates too much.
Also is it capable of 1T @ DDR500 and above ?

As the first real person (non reviewer to get one of these, we all need you to let us know all these things :)

Associate
Voltage core has option of either +100mV or +200mV above max which in my case is 1.45V , so total is 1.65v Tops but it does seem stable, i got it at 1.52 varying to 1.54v, as for the 1T i havent seen it just 2T and above but i havnt messed with too much yet i got it at 250 times 11 at the moment but slackend the timings

I had the dfi ultra d before so this bios is confusing to me ,i will get there but you will probably get your boards before i solve everything

I noticed HTT at 400Mhz with options of 200-400-600-800-1gig and the same for the pcie htt options of 200-400-600-800-1gig , what do i set them to with the above say 250fsb

Soldato
PCI-E HTT ?? lol not heard of that !
Normal HT you need to aim to keep it below 1000, the listings are multi just not clearly ID'd as such.
So they are 200 = 1x up to 1000 = 5x therefore @ 250 FSB/HT you need to run it on the 4x (800) option.
Rumour has it the RD580 can run well over 1000 HTT, but to play safe for now I would say stick with keeping it as close to 1000 as possible.

Raja .. the old boards limit by determining which cpu you have installed for both single and dual core.

Associate
Vogon said:
PCI-E HTT ?? lol not heard of that !
Normal HT you need to aim to keep it below 1000, the listings are multi just not clearly ID'd as such.
So they are 200 = 1x up to 1000 = 5x therefore @ 250 FSB/HT you need to run it on the 4x (800) option.
Rumour has it the RD580 can run well over 1000 HTT, but to play safe for now I would say stick with keeping it as close to 1000 as possible.

Raja .. the old boards limit by determining which cpu you have installed for both single and dual core.
The pulled Anandtech review said it was happy doing 1500 HTT so no need to go 4x anytime soon.

Associate
Hi , i have been out with the kids , sorry for the quality of this but i cant resize a bitmap at the mo so i took a pic instead

picture0713vz.jpg

that is at 260 fsb times 10 with the timings slackend to 3-4-4-8 @1:1 , (I have yet to confirm this has 1T capability but i will do that tomorrow i will run memtest),and htt is at 800 for the above.
crossfire enable 2 times x1800xt at stock as i only have one water block for the gpu so that will go up in time

the core voltage is stable with usb at its fasteest , max core is 1.65 volts

my memory isnt best for this board i think anandtech used OCZ , i did read the test quickly before it disappeared and they got more out of it than i am getting , but as it is at the moment its stable , better than its little brother the a8r - mvp but it isnt going to clock like a dfi ultra d in my opinion, but i will get better ram and probably a fx chip either fx 57 or 60 , the ram i was thinking along the lines of muskin redline but who knows , this will be the last 939 board i will be having as the new platform will be out by the time i can save up and start again

But my thoughts are that there doesnt seem any problem with this board they give you a few nice things to tweak but not enough for the extreme overclocker

Associate
Hi

Thanks
Andy, will be getting mine soon. If DFI bring one out will be looking at that too.

will be interestin to see what I can get with my crossfire 1900's

Thanks
Raja

Associate
3dmark 28462 , dropped fsb to 250 and uped multi to 11 , htt at 800

going to go for 1 gig on htt :eek:

sound quality is good , i am using onboard and i heard there were issues with the other card but this is good out of the box with the mobo drivers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
from Inq..

ASUS will be among the first to embrace the ATI's new chipset. We saw a sample of ATI's reference motherboard at CES, and ATI will announce this board in a few days time. The code name is RD580 while it will be commercially known as the Radeon Xpress 3200.

Asus finally decided to make a high end board based on this chipset. Its RD480, A8R-MVP board was sucessful but it lacked some high end features. Well, this will change now as the new board has Deluxe in the name. Asus will offer some of the nice features of its Deluxe boards to the community. It is almost ready to announce its Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe and we even know that some of the samples are already out.

ASUS is still tweaking the board and we heard that the RD580 should be the most overclocked platform available. It will sure surpass the Nforce 4 SLI overclockability as we know that the reference RD580 can go at more than 300 MHz FSB easily, and even more than that. Nforce 4 SLI will win on features, but it is up to motherboard manufacturers to include all the nice features on the boards as you can use external chips to include support for all the nice features that are not part of the chipset. Crossfire is finally becoming a mature player. µ

Associate
lordedmond said:
Andyr

you are the only one who has this board how about a mini review ,
is it any good ?
how does it perform ?
how stable is it ?

surly they cannot slap a NDA on you , or have they :D
In case you don't fancy a mini review you can always get a copy of the Anandtech review here. It is missing page 1 but that was only an introduction anyways.

Man of Honour
Thanks for hosting the review - that looks like a stonking card.. even quicker than the NF4, loads of features and still passive cooled! :D

Associate
Thanks Mashie for the review its most annoying when a site pulls a review now ASUS have most of the info posted them selves

i think its the next thing to buy here the r480 chipset is not cutting it here at all

Soldato
Had to up the PCI-E voltage by 0.1v last night to stop the graphics and sound flickering and fading up and down (volume and brightness)..

Now either its the mobo or the PSU (FSP Sparkle 700w) causing the voltage fluctuation...

I am going with the mobo...

Hopefully the newun will stop this, so I will be watching this page before I buy...

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom